Mushkin will begin shipping a new 480 GB mSATA Solid-State Drive in January 2013, the latest addition to the company's Atlas family of mSATA drives.
The Atlas 480GB mSATA solid state drive features eight NAND flash chips and a SandForce SF-2281 SSD controller "with unthrottled IOPS" .
Mushkin's Atlas 480GB mSATA solid-state drive (model number MKNSSDAT480GB) is scheduled to be available early January 2013 in the U.S. at select resellers and distributors and Worldwide distribution scheduled for Mid-January 2013. MSRP Mushkin's Atlas 480GB mSATA is $499.99 USD. The drive is covered by a three-year limited warranty.
- SandForce SF-2281 SSD
- SATA III (6Gb/s) interface
- Supports ATA APM, Security Set, NCQ
- TRIM support (OS/driver support required)
- S.M.A.R.T. support
- Built-in BCH ECC (Up to 55 bits correctable per 512 byte sector)
- High speed MLC NAND
- MO-300 (mSATA) form factor (50.80 x 29.85 x 4.85mm)
- Mini PCIe Interface
- User-upgradeable firmware
- RoHS, FCC, CE
- 3-year limited warranty