Verizon Wireless and Samsung today announced the Samsung Illusion will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning Nov. 23 for $79.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
The Illusion will be available for free with a new two-year customer agreement between Thursday, Nov. 24 and Monday, Nov. 28 as a online promotion.
The Samsung Illusion smartphone features a sleek form factor and is powered by Verizon's 3G wireless network. The Illusion boasts a 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird Application Processor, 3.0-megapixel camera, HTML Web browser, music player and integrated contacts, calendar and social networking applications, as well as access to apps available to download from Android Market.
- Android 2.3, Gingerbread - support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search and Google Maps
- SWYPE Technology - input text faster and in a more intuitive way with one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard
- Corporate email support for Microsoft Office Exchange so users can synchronize corporate email, contacts and calendars from their office email
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture and video messaging
- Mobile Hotspot capability - share 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- 6-axis accelerometer with compass
- Bluetooth 3.0 technology - support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access and object push for vCard and vCalendar
- Wi-Fi Connectivity 802.11 a/b/g/n
- microSD card slot with support for up to 32 GB (2 GB pre-installed)
The Samsung Illusion will be available online at www.verizonwireless.comon Nov. 23, and will be available in Verizon Communications Stores in January 2012.
Customers that purchase a Samsung Illusion smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.