Roxio Toast 11 Titanium for Mac was released today by Rovi, the company who recently bought Sonic Solutions.
The new version of Toast helps extend Mac OS and iLife applications with new capabilities and feature enhancements for capturing, copying, converting and enjoying personal digital media.
Toast 11 has been redesigned from the ground up and showcases a new interface. More importantly, it offers refined workflows along with built-in video tutorials that make it easier for existing Toast users and those new to the program to quickly complete a broad range of media tasks.
For existing users, Toast 11 adds many features such as recording to multiple drives simultaneously, a streamlined product update mechanism, and the ability to save custom video profiles, which is very useful for those that are often converting video for a particular device. The latest version now also offers built-in features for directly uploading media to social networking sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook and technology optimizations, dubbed VideoBoost, that help dramatically speed H.264 (high definition) video conversion or encoding.
New or exclusive-to-Toast features include: Internet audio recording; the ability to capture, save, and convert Web-based video content; disc spanning (automatically spreading a large amount of data or audio tracks across many discs); one-click backup of HD camcorder footage; dual-platform compatible disc creation; and TiVo-to-Go support.
Toast 11 Titanium is available directly from www.roxio.com starting today and is priced at $99.99. An accompanying Blu-ray Disc plug-in, which is required to author Blu-ray Disc video, is sold separately for $19.99.
Rovi also today launched Roxio Toast 11 Pro. Toast 11 Pro includes everything offered in Toast 11 Titanium as well as the Blu-ray Disc Plug-in and four digital media applications for making video, photo, and audio projects. Included components in Toast 11 Pro are:
- Adobe PhotoShop Elements 9 - Adobe's photo-editing software for the Mac.
- SmartSound Sonicfire Pro 5 - for creating soundtracks to accompany videos and slideshows.
- BIAS SoundSoap SE - remove unwanted noise like wind, hisses, scratches, and pops from LPs, cassettes, or almost any audio, music, or video soundtrack. Also includes a plug-in for correcting audio in HD videos.
- FotoMagico 3 - turn pictures and video into slideshows with a few clicks, and present them in high definition with the latest version of FotoMagico.
- Blu-ray Disc Plug-In - author HD video content onto standard DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. Take high-def (HD) video footage from AVCHD camcorders, TiVo and EyeTV and create Blu-ray Discs or even standard DVDs with HD content that can be played on Blu-ray set top boxes or PlayStation game consoles.
Toast 11 Pro is available directly from www.roxio.com, starting today and is priced at $149.99.
Both Toast 11 Titanium and Toast 11 Pro will also be offered at North American online and retail outlets including the Apple Store, Amazon, Best Buy, and Office Depot.