Pentax today announced the new *ist DL. This camera is essentially the same as the
*ist DS but with a few feature changes and specification reductions.
Primary differences include Auto ISO, removal of 11-area AF, a
penta-mirror viewfinder with lower magnification and a larger LCD monitor.
Summary of changes (compared to the *ist DS):
- Auto ISO
- 3-area AF (*ist DS was 11 area)
- Wide / spot AF
- Three level 'soft' digital filter
- Continuous shooting buffer reduced to 5 / 3 images (JPEG / RAW)
- Penta-mirror viewfinder instead of Penta-prism, 0.82x magnification
- Natural-Bright-Matte II focusing screen
- Larger 2.5" LCD monitor
- Removal of high speed sync flash
- Two new languages: Swedish, Dutch
- Slightly lighter (575g vs. 605g)
- Available in black and silver
The *ist DL features a 2.5 inch LCD monitor and the lightest PENTAX digital SLR body
at only 16.6 ounces.
Featuring 6.1 effective megapixels and compatibility with most interchangeable
PENTAX lenses, the *ist DL will ship in July 2005 with the smc PENTAX DA 18-55mm
digital lens for under $800 US.