CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft To Release 13 Patches Next Week !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 734 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft To Release 13 Patches Next Week ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft To Release 13 Patches Next Week ! - 2/4/2005 4:34:51 PM   
WinThusiast

Microsoft on Thursday gave early warning that next week's monthly dose of security bulletins and patches will be among its biggest ever.

According to the Advance Notification service, which pre-announces upcoming patches but limits the information disclosed, next Tuesday's roundup will include 13 security bulletins, at least three of which will be marked "Critical," the Redmond, Wash.-based developer's most dire warning.

Nine of the bulletins affect Microsoft Windows. That's a much-higher-than-normal number, and three times what the company published in January.

Other patches will be published to fix bugs in SharePoint Services, Microsoft Office, the .Net Framework, Visual Studio, Windows Media Player, and MSN Messenger.

Microsoft has several unresolved vulnerabilities, according to security researchers, who have noted problems in Windows XP SP2's buffer overflow defense, and continued weaknesses in Internet Explorer.

The patches will be posted on Microsoft's security Web site on February 8, and be available for downloading from the Windows Update service that same day.

Source : TechWebNews
Post #: 1
RE: Microsoft To Release 13 Patches Next Week ! - 2/4/2005 5:21:43 PM   
emperor

go go microsoft, i am wondering when SP3 for XP will come...hehe

(in reply to WinThusiast)
Post #: 2
RE: Microsoft To Release 13 Patches Next Week ! - 2/4/2005 8:40:31 PM   
MP3Mogul

Emperor, I think there will be SP3, SP4, SP5, etc... LOL!

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft To Release 13 Patches Next Week ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI