CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 361 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! - 2/1/2005 4:59:54 PM   
SiliconFreak

Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification, Direct Disc Labeling Technology Integrated Into Nero 6 Software

Technology Allows the User to Burn Professional-Looking, Silkscreen-Quality CD/DVD Labels Directly onto Discs from Home or Office PCs

Karlsbad, Germany (February 1, 2005) -- Nero, leaders in digital media technology, announced today that it has partnered with LightScribe to bring the Direct Disc Labeling technology to Nero’s vast community of users. With this recent certification, LightScribe and Nero 6 allow the user to take control of the entire digital media creation process from start to finish.

LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling is a new technology that offers consumers and businesses a simple, no-hassle way to burn professional, silkscreen-quality labels on their CDs and DVDs. Using the same laser that burns data in their disc drives, users burn their data as always, flip the disc over, reinsert it into the drive and burn a precise, iridescent label with their desired text and graphics using the same laser that burns the data – no printer, permanent marker or adhesive labeling is required.

“We are excited to be working closely with LightScribe to integrate its technology into our software offerings,” said Jim Corbett, Executive Director of Nero AG. “Nero’s family of award-winning digital media product is the perfect complement to LightScribe’s Direct Disc Labeling, as it provides the final touches.”

“Nero will deliver LightScribe to a huge base of new customers through its more than 160 million enthusiasts and its well-known reputation for providing new technology to the market,” said Kevin Jefcoate, Marketing Programme Manager, LightScribe Europe.

The LightScribe technology uses the optical drive’s existing laser to deliver precisely controlled light energy to the disc through an innovative circular writing system. Where the energy focuses on the disc, a visible chemical change occurs in the dye coating. The result is a high-resolution reproduction of artwork, text or photos.

Nero 6 with LightScribe support will be available for downloading beginning of February on www.nero.com.

Source : Nero Press Release
Post #: 1
RE: Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! - 2/1/2005 5:22:32 PM   
emperor

news already posted at main page!

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! - 2/1/2005 5:38:39 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahaha...I know that...I was just curious if You are paying any attention at my posts here...just checking...

Btw...isnt still better to have same news posted twice, than to maybe miss it totally and have 0.00....

Enjoy!

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 2/1/2005 5:40:46 PM >

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! - 2/17/2005 6:11:17 PM   
rogerwilkerson

I can't seem to find any reference in the latest Nero download about lightscribe(how to use it;if it is in there yet?).

Is it available in the latest download?

Roger

Post #: 4
RE: Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! - 2/17/2005 6:29:16 PM   
SiliconFreak

hi!

seems like they havent put it together yet...or at least havent made it available to public...although they said it will be available for downloading in the beginning of February...(but since they havent said 2005...it could be February 2006...or maybe 2007? ).

Anyway...I would advice You to wait few more days...cause if they promised...they will deliver it...

Enjoy!

(in reply to rogerwilkerson)
Post #: 5
RE: Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! - 2/18/2005 10:39:45 AM   
semo

i don't know... hp 'promised' lightscribe drives to be availble by end of summer last year...

Post #: 6
RE: Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! - 2/18/2005 6:50:15 PM   
MP3Mogul

It's available in Nero 6.6.0.6, but you "MUST" have a Litescribe drive to see it! (I was told this, I don't have a litescribe drive either), I just don't see paying MORE for media.... a Sharpie works great, and doesn't use the laser!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 7
RE: Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! - 2/18/2005 9:52:08 PM   
SiliconFreak

Yes...like MP3Mogul said...You DO NEED a Litescribe drive + special media...to be able to burn all that mambo jumbo...

And semo...HP maybe promised it last summer...and actually they delivered it in some Pavilion Desktop PCs...

Also BenQ and Lacie will be releasing such drives soon...

You probably wonder how may I be so certain about all that...well......here is almost everything You need to know about lightscribe...READ IT!

Enjoy people...and partyyyyyyyyyy all days and nights long...

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 8
RE: Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! - 2/19/2005 4:53:14 AM   
semo

i've read enough articles and i've monitored the progress of lightscribe closely since it was announced... they said that they will do what they're doing now last summer, i.e. ramp lightscribe. hp always said that lightscribe will first appear in hp pcs and then in hp drives and then in everything else. i first found hp pcs with lightscribe in january... maybe they were available before that but i couldn't find them.

last year the faq of the lightscribe site said that the technology will be available end of summer 2004. in october they updated the site and it then said that lightscribe is still in beta testing and will be available to punters in jan 2005...

standalone lightscribe drives should have been available a looong time ago

Post #: 9
RE: Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! - 2/19/2005 7:38:13 AM   
SiliconFreak

I totally agree with You semo (that they should be available years ago...)...but the truth is...that we'll just have to wait some more time...years?

And about their "availability" so far....its very simple...guys at HP just love to play cat and mouse games...thats all...who would blame them...and finally....they are loosing money because of all this not us (we will loose it later because everything will be much more expensive as it should )...so I guess there will soon be changes in their leadership...and some of their executives will earn big $ Millions out of that mess...

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 2/19/2005 7:41:21 AM >

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Nero Receives Official LightScribe Certification ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI