CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Philips DVP-720SA - New v33 firmware   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1399 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Philips DVP-720SA - New v33 firmware Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Philips DVP-720SA - New v33 firmware - 1/18/2005 6:15:54 AM   
eleajar

I just got the new v33 from philips, and i thought of sharing it with all of you.

First of all, you can see the servo version and several other infos if you press on "system menu" and then 1379.
You can also see firmware version of you eject the tray and press "display"

the whole update process is simple. You should get the file from Philips support site, and then burn it in a CDRW (Mode1, No multisession, No Joliet).
Insert the disc in the player, and it will then eject automatically
Remove the disc from the tray BUT DO NOT CLOSE THE TRAY. It will close automatically when the device is ready.

Changes i've noticed??? Some divx files that were jerky are now perfect, and i had some problems with the subtitles that i don't now.
Also, the "Stereo" - "Multichannel" option under "System menu" did nothing at all, but now, it's working great!!!

I 'll try some hacking on this firmware for unicode subtitles, and i'll keep you posted.

Any infos from all of you are welcome.

Please, excuse my english. I am Italian
Post #: 1
RE: Philips DVP-720SA - New v33 firmware - 1/18/2005 9:53:16 AM   
Iggy

Can you provide us with a link to this firmware?

TIA

(in reply to eleajar)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Philips DVP-720SA - New v33 firmware Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI