CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

please help! Aopen 5224   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1330 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> please help! Aopen 5224 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
please help! Aopen 5224 - 4/1/2003 12:42:11 AM   
12power

i just install my new AOpen crw52x24x52 with nero sofware and i am new at this. i need to backup my data, what is the best cdr or cdrw blank disks to use for AOpen drive the price is not an issue because i don't to corrupt my data. And what speed should i use to backup my data on a blank media using microsoft backup or nero. Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: please help! Aopen 5224 - 4/1/2003 2:25:47 AM   
john

I would say Verbatim 52X will work just fine, as our tests have shown the writing speed does affect the writing quality

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to 12power)
Post #: 2
RE: please help! Aopen 5224 - 4/1/2003 3:17:05 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I would suggest 12x or 16x (CLV) on Verbatim DataLifePlus media.

Sticking with the CLV writing method is probably a good idea, which means (depending on your writer) not burning faster then 20x. Jitter can also be a problem, so to keep jitter scores low you want to burn at a slower speed (i.e. <32x). You also want to keep the C1/C2 error rate as low as possible, which means using good media (i.e. Verbatim DataLifePlus), as well as an appropriate burning speed. I've found that with good media, burning too slowly can sometimes actually *increase* the C1/C2 error rate, so I that's why I suggest 12x or 16x, since these speeds always seem to perform well for me on my testing.

Good luck! and I hope my answer helps

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to 12power)
Post #: 3
RE: please help! Aopen 5224 - 4/1/2003 5:18:02 AM   
12power

thank you John and Dolphinius_Rex for your help. i will order some verbatim media. Dolphinius_rex let me see if i understand what you just said, you mean buy the 12x or 16x clv verbatim datalifeplus media and burn it at 32x speed right. but AOpen drive default burning setting is 40x is that okay to. And where can i order the verbatim media. thank

(in reply to 12power)
Post #: 4
RE: please help! Aopen 5224 - 4/1/2003 6:09:38 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

eek! no, not quite.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't very clear. What I was suggesting was to burn the Verbatim CD-Rs at either 12x or 16x speeds.

You probably won't find any verbatim media that isn't cetified to at least 32x or faster, so burning them slower then that won't be a problem.

as to where to buy Verbatim CDs... perhaps try bestbuy? or maybe an internet media retailer. There are some good media retailers that advertise on this site, so maybe check them out

Good Luck!

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to 12power)
Post #: 5
RE: please help! Aopen 5224 - 4/1/2003 6:55:50 AM   
12power

Oh i see, now i understand what you saying i will start working on it. thank you dolphinuis-rex

(in reply to 12power)
Post #: 6
RE: please help! Aopen 5224 - 4/1/2003 10:52:44 AM   
rabbit

Sticking with the CLV writing method is probably a good idea

heh heh, you are starting to sound like me!

btw, the aopen 5224 does burn 16x at CLV.

(in reply to 12power)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> please help! Aopen 5224 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI