CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

_NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need Help   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 477 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
_NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need Help - 1/8/2005 3:26:28 AM   
x3_bps_sl33py_bps_x3

Hi,
Im Having Trouble With My DVD-RW Everytime I Try To Burn Vidoe Files Or Data Files To A DVD-R Burning Fails And I Get THis Mess....and i honestly have no idea what to do...i have tryed cleaning the drive (lens cleaner) using different software and still no solution

This The Info About My DVD-RW Drive And Suggestions That Can Help Me Fix This Problem Will Be Greatly Appreciated.
Thanks (sorry for the size of the pictures)

Post #: 1
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/8/2005 5:39:47 PM   
emperor

try to update your drive's firmware to the latest version

(in reply to x3_bps_sl33py_bps_x3)
Post #: 2
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/8/2005 7:07:06 PM   
x3_bps_sl33py_bps_x3

quote:

ORIGINAL: emperor

try to update your drive's firmware to the latest version

Hi, I Did And I Stilleep Getting The Same Messenge. Any Other Suggestions?
Thanks

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/9/2005 6:16:32 PM   
emperor

Use other media?

Post #: 4
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/9/2005 8:47:18 PM   
x3_bps_sl33py_bps_x3

quote:

ORIGINAL: emperor

Use other media?

u mean other brand or type of DVD-R's Correct?

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 5
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/9/2005 10:45:10 PM   
Cal 02

quote:

ORIGINAL: x3_bps_sl33py_bps_x3

Hi,
i have tryed cleaning the drive (lens cleaner) using different software and still no solution

If you tampered with the drive's len it won't be able to do anything!

Regards
Cal 01

"What you don't know, WILL hurt you in time!"

Post #: 6
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/9/2005 11:45:37 PM   
x3_bps_sl33py_bps_x3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cal 02

quote:

ORIGINAL: x3_bps_sl33py_bps_x3

Hi,
i have tryed cleaning the drive (lens cleaner) using different software and still no solution

hi,
Yeah I've tryed cleaining it using a lens cleaner kit, and still nothing.

If you tampered with the drive's len it won't be able to do anything!

(in reply to Cal 02)
Post #: 7
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/10/2005 1:15:56 PM   
Matthew

Lens cleaner disks are a last resort - they won't ALWAYS kill a drive, but it's pot luck if they clean the lens or damage the lens suspension.

If you're using -R media, try some +R ... My recollection is the NEC 1300A was a better +R drive than -R - the previous model being +R only, which usually sets the favoured media type for most "dual" +/- drives.

Post #: 8
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/10/2005 6:08:44 PM   
x3_bps_sl33py_bps_x3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matthew

Lens cleaner disks are a last resort - they won't ALWAYS kill a drive, but it's pot luck if they clean the lens or damage the lens suspension.

If you're using -R media, try some +R ... My recollection is the NEC 1300A was a better +R drive than -R - the previous model being +R only, which usually sets the favoured media type for most "dual" +/- drives.

Yes You're correct it works perfectly fine with +R Media But I keep getting the message above when i try using -R media..But Only With DVD-R Discs when its a CD-R or a CD+R both of thse media types work fine. Thanks
Guys, Much Thanks!!

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 9
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/10/2005 6:32:49 PM   
x3_bps_sl33py_bps_x3

This Might Be A Dumb Question But...>What Is The Difference between -R , +R??

Post #: 10
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/12/2005 5:07:00 PM   
Matthew

Betamax & VHS!

Seriously, one group (The Consortium) was responsible for DVD-R "dash" format - they wanted too much for licensing fees, so a breakaway group (The Alliance), created the DVD+R format.

Originally, drives tended to be one format or the other, until dual format drives became the norm - if it had gone ONE way, I think PLUS would have won it, as despite starting second, it moved ahead of minus.

Of course, we're now waiting for the NEXT standards battle winner to leapfrog the speed and capacity of both of them.

Getting back to the pont - a NEC 1300A that doesn't like DVD-R - not unusual!

http://www.herrie.org/ - Herrie's BACK! - the old NEC tweaker! - the 1.08 holiday edition has some extra media support patched in

http://etna.rpc1.org/nec/index.html - or try an original or patched NEC 1.0A (see note, "has Problems with some DVD-R 4x discs")

Post #: 11
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/12/2005 7:56:32 PM   
x3_bps_sl33py_bps_x3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matthew

Betamax & VHS!

Seriously, one group (The Consortium) was responsible for DVD-R "dash" format - they wanted too much for licensing fees, so a breakaway group (The Alliance), created the DVD+R format.

Originally, drives tended to be one format or the other, until dual format drives became the norm - if it had gone ONE way, I think PLUS would have won it, as despite starting second, it moved ahead of minus.

Of course, we're now waiting for the NEXT standards battle winner to leapfrog the speed and capacity of both of them.

Getting back to the pont - a NEC 1300A that doesn't like DVD-R - not unusual!

http://www.herrie.org/ - Herrie's BACK! - the old NEC tweaker! - the 1.08 holiday edition has some extra media support patched in

http://etna.rpc1.org/nec/index.html - or try an original or patched NEC 1.0A (see note, "has Problems with some DVD-R 4x discs")

I Shall Try The Holiday Version. Thank You very Much, For Your Time And Help, Now I Have Another Quick Question......Im Thinking On Replacing My DVD-RW Drive From My Current One......._NEC DVD_RW ND 1300A To A Sony DVD+/- RW 16x (OEM) You Think That Is A Good Idea??

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 12
RE: _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need ... - 1/13/2005 6:52:02 PM   
Matthew

Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Sony = Liteon, another drive that tends top be a bit iffy with -R, and not that great with +R either.
To take a quick "straw poll" of a few drives, based on their handling of the Datawrite media test (two instances of CMC MAG AE1 -R, one of their MCC 003)

Benq 1620 - an often recommended drive:
- 8x media at 12x: The two -R, excellent and good (lose 1 mark for a scrappy end to the transfer plot), +R excellent

NEC 3500, represented by Freecom FX50:
- 8x at 8x, excellent all round

LG 4163, triple format plus new rewrite speeds
- ICK! - I don't like the look of those transfer plots for the -R, and the +R staked upan excessive PI rate
LG 4120, it's older cousin, fared worse

Now we come , with trepidation, to:
Liteon 1633S (BS0R)
- Well, transfer plots a bit scratchy, error rates a tad high - it liked the +RW media more than most other drives did though. On the other media, I'd say it's not a great match.

NEC 3520
- A big stack-up of PI rate at the start of the printable, not repeated on the non-printable
Not as nice a result as the 3500, but may improve with later firmware, might have been a freak result.

Pioneer 108
- Pretty good, but lose a mark for the rough transfer plot end on the non-prinatable

Sony DRU710A (BYX2) - a Liteon 1633S based drive with 1653S mode firmware
- Oh dear! - unusable on the -R
The firmware moves the -R strategy from 8x Zone-CLV, to 12x possible (this is 8x) P-CAV - and while 4x and 6x results have been improving, the higher sppeds on -R are not doing so well.

So on that poll, the Benq (and the Benq-clone Philips, which is reassuringly consistent to it), look like better bets that a Liteon, especially if you are escaping a drive with poor media support in the first place.

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A....DVD/CD-ROM drive......Need Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI