CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Suppliers Worried About Abit’s Financial Situation !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 712 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Suppliers Worried About Abit’s Financial Situation ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suppliers Worried About Abit’s Financial Situation ! - 12/21/2004 6:10:31 PM   
SiliconFreak

Suppliers of core-logic chipsets and printed circuit boards (PCBs) to Abit Computer are worried about their accounts receivable at the motherboard maker, after the company chairman, Remond Lu, said that Abit’s correspondent banks may freeze its assets, market sources said.

The banks took action after the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TSE) demanded Abit provide more details of its financial situation and overseas business transactions, while downgrading it stock to requiring full delivery, said the sources.

Meanwhile, Abit’s sales agents in overseas markets are also concerned about the supply of motherboards from Abit and have started seeking new partnerships with other suppliers, the sources noted.

In an effort to solicit those distributors planning to move away from Abit’s products, some Taiwan motherboard makers have stepped up their marketing efforts in regions such as China, France and northern Europe, where Abit’s motherboard shipments have been the strongest, the sources added.

Sources at a first-tier Taiwan motherboard maker stated that the impact of Abit's financial problems on its distribution channels in China may not begin to materialize for another one to two months because Abit’s subsidiary in China may still have enough capital to finance its operations for a while.

However, Abit’s financial situation may continue to deteriorate, which could weigh on other second-tier motherboard makers who are also financially weak, said the market sources.

Abit was unavailable for comment.

Source : DigiTimes
Post #: 1
RE: Suppliers Worried About Abit’s Financial Situation ! - 12/22/2004 7:43:25 AM   
Cooler

All this... only because I've never bought Abit MB?

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Suppliers Worried About Abit’s Financial Situation ! - 12/22/2004 9:52:36 AM   
SiliconFreak

Haahahaha...Yes...all that because of You...how could You be such Non-supporting member...I really dont understand that.......and now...the ABIT would need to close its business...because of YOU!!!

At least promise that the next MB will be ABITs...

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Suppliers Worried About Abit’s Financial Situation ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI