CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Lenovo buying IBM PC making business!!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1100 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Lenovo buying IBM PC making business!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lenovo buying IBM PC making business!!! - 12/19/2004 6:58:36 PM   
alexb

I guess everyone has heard the news that Lenovo (chinese PC Maker) has bought IBM PC unit (including Thinkpad)... Although I was never impressed with IBM desktops, I loved Thinkpads and I am SOOOOOOO disappointed that the GREATEST laptops are gonna be gone....

I strongly do not believe some unknown company from China that has its own problems with quality of its own products at chinese market (reported in the news) can keep up the quality that Thinkpads were made and designed at IBM... It's a terrible news for consumers, current IBM users, and the whole industry... coversely it would be GREAT news for Dell, HP, Gateway and some other PC makers that are gonna benefit from this, as people would switch from IBM-Lenovo to their brands (including me).

Everyone says it made business sense for IBM, and I dont disagree 100%, but I am just saddened that in this economy, it's ALL ABOUT bottom line, innovation, design, being a technology leader, keeping jobs in local markets, etc... is NOT IMORTANT anymore...

Everyone's striving for cheap, cheap, cheap $hit... stuff that you used to pay more money for, are cheaper now, but they NEVER last as long as they used to and have to be replaced sooner which at the end of the day will cost consumers more (I am talking in general now).

Was just wondering what people think? I totally believe it's a terrible thing and bad for industry and I HIGHLY doubt that Lenovo (or whatever the name is) can keep the same level of business in N.America/Europe as IBM did...
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Lenovo buying IBM PC making business!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI