CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

I need help with Nero please   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1320 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> I need help with Nero please Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I need help with Nero please - 3/8/2003 9:29:12 PM   
JZB

I just burned some files from my hard drive to a CD. It finished fine, but a dialogue box came up that said:

"The Nero executable file was modified? Maybe your PC is infected by a computer virus! We would recommend to use the latest antivirus software to check your PC. If no viruses are found, please do a full uninstall of Nero, and reinstall from the original Nero CD."

So, I check my CD --- all was as it should be. I did an AVG scan; an RAV antivirus scan; and a Symantec scan -- no viruses. I then went to Add/Remove programs to uninstall and when doing so, got a message that Nero-burning Rom not detected on your computer. That was a surprise as it appears in the start menu as well as when I do a find files, there are scads of files there on Nero. It wouldn't let me uninstall.

When doing a find file, I found a file that said UNNERO which I thought might be the uninstall. I opened it and it said the executable file has been corrupted. I also went to device manager and checked for any markings under CD ROM and there are no warning signals that appear.

I did burn another CD and the message did not come up this time. All is fine on the CD and it's usable.

So, what should I do -- how would I uninstall it? Do I still need to uninstall it and start over? Is this a fluke? How would I uninstall it if I really need to?

I have version 5.5.10.0. I would appreciate any help.

(Gateway Select 400 PC; Windows 98 SE; 160MB RAM; IE 6)
Post #: 1
RE: I need help with Nero please - 3/9/2003 8:18:04 AM   
Tron

If you did a virus scan and nothing comes up, and that error never pops up again I would just ignore it. But if you want to uninstall Nero anyway's, just go to your control panel and click on the "Add/Remove Programs" icon and remove it from in there...

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 2
RE: I need help with Nero please - 3/9/2003 3:28:44 PM   
JZB

I have been trying to "uninstall" Nero to reinstall it again and I can't seem to get it done. When going the control panel add/remove program method, a box pops up saying that Nero is not on our PC.

I downloaded jv16 power tools and tried to remove it that way, and thru the uninstall method, it gives me the same message as above.

How would I uninstall this manually?

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 3
RE: I need help with Nero please - 3/12/2003 4:48:57 PM   
JZB

I got help in another forum where people answer.

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 4
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/15/2003 5:03:27 AM   
Matt510au

I also get the same error message when trying to start nero
"The Nero executable file was modified? Maybe your PC is infected by a computer virus! We would recommend to use the latest antivirus software to check your PC. If no viruses are found, please do a full uninstall of Nero, and reinstall from the original Nero CD."
Have unistalled nero ran virus check reinstalled and still the same message.
I need help, any ideas

Matt

quote:
Originally posted by JZB

I got help in another forum where people answer.

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 5
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/15/2003 2:20:16 PM   
colinm1

When you have uninstalled Nero I would suggest that you clean all references to nero from your registry.

Go to Run, type, "regedit" (without quote marks) then search for Nero and delete all keys it finds.

Reboot and re-install Nero.

Hopefully this will solve problem.

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 6
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/16/2003 1:34:05 AM   
anachronox

OK! This thing with nero has become an epedemic or something.
Me, all my friends with computers and nero, and half the folks i talk to on the internet are suddenly having this same prob. the exact same error message is on my screen every time. ive done the format, reset bios, memory dump, DIFFERENT COPY OF WINDOWS!!!! we have tried versions 5.5.6-10(six thru ten).nothing works. clean ur registry all u want. this is truly peeving me, being that no other software truly matches it. uninstall, reinstall. it will run once. I found a couple temporary fixes. go to file>preferences in nero burning rom, and uncheck run anti-virus plug-ins or whatever, its like the bottom check box. Nero will run 5 or 6 times, then start again with the fake virus. OR, you can uninstall nero, DL forceASPI117 freely available on the internet, try google, and run killASPI, restart, run instASPI, restart, and then run Nero without installing through the Windows installer. If u do not know how to do this, do not try. Now the prog will run anyway. P.S. Administrators: Microsoft has recently come out with a new version of the Windows installer for XP. I think this may be linked to the Nero epedemic. What is your input on this?

-hmmmmm.......yes, I know some about that one. Please, what do you need to know?

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 7
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/16/2003 1:37:27 AM   
anachronox

oh, and whenever i refer to 'delete,'I mean to uninstall, delete the Ahead folder in Prog Files, clean Nero from your registry, and any other trace. :D

-hmmmmm.......yes, I know some about that one. Please, what do you need to know?

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 8
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/16/2003 2:49:05 AM   
MP3Mogul

Sounds to me like you have an infected copy of Nero, or a SUPER spyware program that killed Nero for you. Do as mentioned above, do a regedit and deleted everything to the reference of NERO (USE THAT KEYWORD), then if you have access to Norton, do a CLEANSWEEP for Nero and get rid of it.

After these things are complete get a GOOD virus scanner and scan for viruses, make sure that the virus definitions for the scanner you use are UP TO DATE. Afterwords, reboot and reinstall Nero. Good Luck!

PS: Oops! Forgot to mention. If you do not have access to Norton, you can do a free scan online at www.symantec.com

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 9
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/16/2003 4:53:57 AM   
anachronox

ok, some 1 didnt read the post.........how can six completely different versions/copies of nero, two fresh out of the cd burner boxes, be infected? Is this Ahead's little game? I mean, seriously, this is a problem for a lot of people in my neighborhood. We have all reinstalled, we have deleted every trace of the prog., we have even tried it on a fresh installation of Windows after a format. This is wierd.Virus scans? Ha! Norton or AVG? Pick one. NO VIRUS. I crap u not. Go ahead,every1, just go w/ Easy CD Creator.......

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 10
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/22/2003 10:05:20 PM   
anachronox

ne body found an answer to this nero thing yet?

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 11
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/23/2003 4:03:57 AM   
MP3Mogul

Okay, if you have WindowsXP, I can tell what the problem is, as I did get this aforementioned problem today. If you have WinXP and installed Security Update 811493, UNINSTALL it today! This also will slow your computer down to what seems like an old 8088 machine (remember those?). After uninstalling this update, everything returned to normal. This security update caused a 2.5 GHZ P4 to slow to a CRAWL. Perhaps this is the problem with you guys? I'm not sure, not all of you mentioned your operating system, but this did affect me today.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 12
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/24/2003 4:13:34 AM   
anachronox

umm....did u have the nero prob.? And once you uninstalled the update, did the prob. stop? And does this apply to SP1? Also, if anyone doesn't know, if you simply uninstall nero, then delete the 'Ahead' folder under c:\Program Files, then reinstall, and choose not to restart if you wish it will still work, the program will run once. You can do as many discs as you wish, just don't shut down nero, or, reinstall using that method again. I have been doing this while 'searching' for Roxio ECDC. Please respond with answer. Thanx!

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 13
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/24/2003 4:42:52 PM   
anachronox

ok. i have uninstalled the security update. The one he is prob. talkin about is Windows 'Hotfix Q811493', under Add/Romove Progz.It is indeed an AMAZING discovery, my recently depleted performance has shot up signifigantly. WARNING:for those like myself who can't restart just any ole time, this uninstallation doesn't give you a choice.It will show you a list of progz that might not work right, and they just happen to be the ones that don't work quite right now!And viola, w/o the update they do........except nero.I believe this update includes the updated windows installer i mentioned b4. ;p. The nero prob. still stands, even after uninst/reinst.(restarting)and deleting prog folder, registry entries, and doing a disk cleanup b4 hand.(for any temp files, cookies w/ possible new viruses?)No luck. I have 'located'ECDC by roxio. if any one can identify this: TMD then contact me to recieve. :D Will keep nero however, and continue to work w/ it. Can u say recompile? Well, maybe. But i will keep u posted, please all keep studying as well, and let us know! Thanx!

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 14
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/24/2003 4:54:12 PM   
anachronox

btw, for reference purposes, here is my machine:
AMD Athlon 1700+, 512mb s-dram, Windows XP Pro SP1, 60GB hd, cable int. connection,toshiba dvd-rom, nec 1000a dvd+rw, nero 5.5.9, and all windows updates. mogul if u know any other wonderful tips, please share! thanx a lot i really notice the diff!

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 15
RE: I need help with Nero please - 4/30/2003 5:41:32 PM   
IMRAN ALAM

quote:
Originally posted by JZB

I just burned some files from my hard drive to a CD. It finished fine, but a dialogue box came up that said:

So, I check my CD --- all was as it should be. I did an AVG scan; an RAV antivirus scan; and a Symantec scan -- no viruses. I then went to Add/Remove programs to uninstall and when doing so, got a message that Nero-burning Rom not detected on your computer. That was a surprise as it appears in the start menu as well as when I do a find files, there are scads of files there on Nero. It wouldn't let me uninstall.

When doing a find file, I found a file that said UNNERO which I thought might be the uninstall. I opened it and it said the executable file has been corrupted. I also went to device manager and checked for any markings under CD ROM and there are no warning signals that appear.

I did burn another CD and the message did not come up this time. All is fine on the CD and it's usable.

So, what should I do -- how would I uninstall it? Do I still need to uninstall it and start over? Is this a fluke? How would I uninstall it if I really need to?

I have version 5.5.10.0. I would appreciate any help.

(Gateway Select 400 PC; Windows 98 SE; 160MB RAM; IE 6)

(in reply to JZB)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> I need help with Nero please Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI