CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 624 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6 - 12/15/2004 3:42:25 PM   
l1gm

hi, i am new at this burning copies of my DVDs so any help would be appreciated. i burned a DVD with my DVR but i can't read the contents of it with that drive, if i put the disc in my other older DVD ROM, it can read the files in there. Also how can i play a DVD i burned the files in there are vup, bup and ifo and they are in the video_ts folder. any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6 - 12/15/2004 5:08:45 PM   
l1gm

can some please reply to my message? thanks in advance

(in reply to l1gm)
Post #: 2
RE: burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6 - 12/15/2004 6:18:31 PM   
MP3Mogul

You have burned the disc in "multisession"

Make sure in the compilitation properties of Nero you have NO MULTISESSION selected.

(in reply to l1gm)
Post #: 3
RE: burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6 - 12/16/2004 9:27:28 AM   
Iggy

When you burn a movie use the DVD-Video in Nero and put the files in the TS folder. Only in this way the disc will be playable.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 4
RE: burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6 - 12/18/2004 6:29:41 AM   
scorpio

When you burn video disk (DVD video) from NERO you have two FOLDER on DISK. One is AudioTS, second is VideoTS.
AudioTS is usualy EMPTY, in VideoTS you have a lof of FILES.
There is .IFO, .BUP and .VOB files.
IFO and BUD are some information files, and VOB are DVD video FILES.
You can see .VOB files from BSplayer (double click).
If you have PowerDVD, or NERO ShowTime or something like that, you can watch DVD Video disk like you have external DVD Player.

And, you CAN NOT BURN dvd VIDEO disk MULTISESSION !

Conclusion; you NEED some SOFTWARE to play(back) Video disk !

Only TOOL

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 5
RE: burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6 - 12/18/2004 2:51:11 PM   
Akagi Redsuns

Most software DVD players on the computers can play those files directly. I know with PowerDVD and WinDVD, you can pick the source as a file.

But if you want it to play as a regular DVD or use in a player, just reburn it with the correct files in the folder as mentioned above.

(in reply to scorpio)
Post #: 6
RE: burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6 - 12/18/2004 7:53:13 PM   
RestarTmen[PT]

Use a simpler method... Nero Recode. For sure u can always rip the DVD with DVD Shrink, and then burn it with Nero Burning Rom, but in this case u need to create the 2 folders mentioned above, placing all the video files created by DVD Shrink in the Video_TS folder burning it with Disc-At-Once option ON (NO multisession allowed!)
However, if u have the latest version of Nero (6.6.0.0 or 6.6.0.3) u may use Nero Recode (which is a better and newer version of DVD Shrink, as Nero bought it) to do your DVD in on step only, making it much more easy and automate (having all the advanced options of DVD Shrink available) to burn the final DVD in 4.7Gb...
Of course, u must first use DVD Decrypter to pass your DVD to your hard-drive, wether u use the first or second method to recode your DVD...
This works with ALL DVD recorders... I have 3 different models (NEC 3500AG, LG4040B, Philips DVDRW1640P) and it works on all 3!
Have fun!!!

(in reply to Akagi Redsuns)
Post #: 7
RE: burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6 - 12/22/2004 2:07:23 PM   
l1gm

thanks to all the respnses, the problem was that the original files i had burned were corrupted. i tried playing the original files on WinDVD and it wouldn't play them. the second dvd i burned worked with WinDVD and on myu xBox, but on my *old* DVD stand alone player. I have the files ready to be burned to a DVD, i have 2 sets of files each with its appropiate set of Audio_TS and Video_Ts folders. the total size for both is less than 4 GB, can i combine all the files in one Video_TS folder and be able to play both DVDs on any DVD player?

(in reply to RestarTmen[PT])
Post #: 8
RE: burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6 - 12/22/2004 3:11:26 PM   
RestarTmen[PT]

DON'T DO THAT!!! U will only trash a good DVD... U cannot join like that 2 sets of DVD files, the only way is to use DVD authoring software to recreate the new DVD structure, in where u will find the 2 movies u want to join.
Use, for example: NeroVision Express (the latest version is very good) and if u want something more Ā«professionalĀ» use Ulead DVD Workshop 2 or the software from Pinnacle...

(in reply to l1gm)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> burning DVD w/ Pioneer DVR - 108 and Nero 6 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI