CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 889 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 3/8/2004 3:47:01 AM   
MP3Mogul

In order to format a RW disc, you will "need" to have "packet" writing software installed.... May I suggest InCD from "Ahead Software"

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 33
[Deleted] - 3/8/2004 10:42:23 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to aleryan)
  Post #: 34
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 3/9/2004 2:19:47 AM   
tropfix

Thanks for your help guys .I misunderstood about packet writing so yes I use Nero to burn cd's -works fine.I use Powerdvd to read dvd's-works fine.It will not read any cd's and I've certainly tried ones with a lot of data on them I just get the disk not formatted error.This unit has been working and now doesn't, has to be a software problem -I think.I use 2 X Explorer for moving files around and if I click on the CD drive(which is F on my PC)in 2X Explorer ,I get a"CPU does not understand the last input message".I use this PC for business so do not want to reinstall Winme if possible.Something has got corrupted but what? The unit is a Liteon combo and uses generic Microsoft driver.No other driver available on Liteon website.The CD-ROM drive that I removed to put in this unit also comes up with the same error when reinstalled,so it doesnot look like a hardware fault to me.Any thoughts please!

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 35
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 9/19/2004 7:03:24 PM   
EaZiE

Hi. I'm looking for a solution to this too. I know some of the things that will prevent
this : 1. Never burn cd's by using multisession- save files to burn in one run.
2. Divy up large amounts of files into folders to help caching.
Does anyone know of a software that will help in reading multisession disks where there are hidden volumes. I have one disk that is pretty important that someone burned for me and I think it is a multisession from XP's burner and still my XP says "disk not formatted...etc." It used to read, but barely.

(in reply to tropfix)
Post #: 36
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 9/19/2004 7:06:11 PM   
EaZiE

Apologies if I post in the wrong place here- just did a search and this was the closest subject.

(in reply to EaZiE)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI