CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 677 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/21/2004 3:06:04 PM   
Alicia

Hi again,

Yes the Yamaha drive is the only one I have on the secondary ICE. And it is set to master.

I am still waiting for Yamaha to get back to me and tell me what the constant purple LED means. Will post here when I get a (relevant) reply.

Meanwhile, I got hold of a different hard drive, formatted it and put on Win 2000 (using an alternative CD drive of course!) in the very optimistic hope that the Yamaha drive would work on a totally new hard drive with only Windows on it. I did the ASPI thing to make sure it was 4.60 too. Well, my hopes were completely smashed. Exactly the same disc not formatted rubbish. Feeling very sad. Surely this has to be a hardware problem. Will give Yamaha a call again. Could not get through yesterday.

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 17
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/21/2004 3:47:11 PM   
Alicia

I got one decent answer from Yamaha - on where the firmware updates are.

http://www.yamaha-online.de/

Find your drive and then click on the DOWNLOAD link.

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 18
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/22/2004 12:41:05 AM   
MP3Mogul

Alicia,

If the drive light is staying on, when there is no media inserted, the drive is toast, return it while it is under warranty..

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 19
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/22/2004 1:53:05 AM   
Alicia

Hi MP3MOGUL,

The purple light stays on if there IS media in.
If there is no CD, then there is no light at all.

Alicia

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 20
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/22/2004 4:07:42 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Alicia and Welcome to Our Forum !!!
What version of Windows are you using because I have seen this problem many times with People who are using Windows XP and it was resolved by uninstalling the Windows XP built in Writing Pogram and if you do have Windows XP I suggest you try this and if you are not sure how to do this just go to :-
http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6264
and you will see that I have explained how to do this very easily !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 21
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/22/2004 11:52:58 AM   
Alicia

Hi Laffin,

I am running Win 2000. Have you only seen this problem solved under XP?

I just received another absolutely useless reply from my language-challenged tech correspondant from Yamaha. He gives details of where I should send my drive for repair. As I have told him, he has not answered my questions or suggested any solutions to what I have presented yet (in a week of trying to get answers) so how do I know that it is a hardware problem at all? It is really frustrating. Having worked for Yamaha in their music division for 8 years in my past I have always regarded their products and support as great. None of the pianos and keyboards I dealt with went wrong! I was hoping for the same level of satisfaction here.

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 22
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/23/2004 4:17:50 AM   
MP3Mogul

Alicia,

Laffin and I are "good" mates that have used "Yamaha" drives exclusivelly in the past.... Unfortunately, Yamaha's Optical Drive team has been disassembled, and are gone, and the most that you will get from them, are people, reading from a card, with little or no experience....

I am not "very" familiar with Win2K or if it has a built in IMAPI burning program installed, I do not think that it does, but this is possible, and would invite people with experience to respond to this post... I assure you, we will work hard to find a solution for you...

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 23
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/25/2004 4:17:53 AM   
Alicia

Hi Guys,

Well, I got through to the telephone Yamaha CD tech troubles hotline and described my problems (!) and the guy there said it difficult to say whether this is a software or hardware problem because there are so many things it could be. He advised me to email the returns department that I had been given the details of which I did, waffling on again about my problems. You are asked to give your model number, serial number, purchase date, failure, full address and phone number.

yamaha.rma@solectron.com

The next day I was sent a file which was giving me instructions that when the replacement drive arrives, I am to send them my faulty one within 10 days! Well, I didn't expect that. It says there is no charge, also. Seems to be under warranty which I am most surprised, but happy about. So I presume that the replacement drive is on it's way. I emailed back in disbelief asking them to confirm that this was the case, but I guess it got there after their offices closed on Friday night.

So I will let you guys know if it arrives, if it works and how the whole thing progresses.

Thanks again for all your help with my problems. Your efforts are appreciated.

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 24
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/25/2004 6:59:25 PM   
MP3Mogul

That is great news, as I think your old drive is toast! Yes you can believe they will send you a new drive.... Yamaha always has had "superior" customer service.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 25
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/25/2004 9:47:13 PM   
Spiritual Machine

What is the warranty on these drives? 1 year from purchase date?

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 26
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/26/2004 1:31:22 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Unless you are in Europe and it was 2 Years !!!

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 27
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/26/2004 7:58:13 PM   
Alicia

Hey Guys,

I was so pleasantly surprised to receive the replacement drive this morning. I received the notification that it was going to be replaced only this Friday just gone - and I only informed that department that there was a problem the day before that!

This part of the Yamaha service is really excellent. The email tech help through the Yamaha site was really no help though.

Anyway, I have been writing CDs and T@2ing all day.

Thanks again for your help people.

Alicia

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 28
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 1/28/2004 1:18:42 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Yamaha have always had one of the best Customer Support teams maybe you got a new guy learning the ropes but at least you got your writer swapped so good luck with the new one !!!

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 29
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 3/7/2004 7:53:31 AM   
tropfix

Help! I too have the disc not formatted error on my cd rw\dvd drive.I have tried all the solutions posted on this site no success.I'm running winme and have tried system restore.REmoved and then restored unit from device manager and bios.Plugged in another cd unit that I know is ok- same result.The Liteon cd will burn disks and play dvd's- just will not read cd's.Removed Nero with the cleaner suggested.This is driving me crazy.

Chris Hall

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 30
[Deleted] - 3/7/2004 1:41:00 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to aleryan)
  Post #: 31
RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error - 3/8/2004 2:15:31 AM   
tropfix

quote:
Originally posted by minos

Welcome to our forum tropfix!

Do you have any packet writing software installed on your PC?

G'day Minos. No I don't have packet software.Is the computer looking to format a hard drive? as I say the device is recognised in device manager, and burns cd's and reads dvd's

(in reply to aleryan)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: CRW-F1E "disk not formatted" error Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI