CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 853 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 ! - 12/8/2004 11:14:43 AM   
SiliconFreak

Here comes another novelty for AMD processors. Gigabyte introduced GA-K8VT890-9 motherboard on VIA K8T890 which is expected to go on sale in January for the yet undisclosed price.

This ATX novelty is designed for Athlon 64/64 FX (Socket 939) CPUs and has VT8237R Southbridge. The board supports PCI Express x16, 2 x PCI Express x1 amd 3 x PCI, 4 x 400 MHz DDR SDRAM sockets for up to 4 GB, 2 x Serial ATA and 2 x Ultra ATA. Besides, the board offers 8 x USB 2.0, 1 x IEEE1394, Gigabit Ethernet, 7.1-channel sound.

The GA-K8VT890-9 is bundled with Easy Tune 5 for adjusting CPU/memory/GPU/PCI clocks (as well as PCI Express x16 performance) and automatic BIOS backups and recovery.

Source : PC Watch

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 ! - 12/8/2004 9:28:23 PM   
Cooler

Nice! Oh, wait... if I get new GFX card now, it won't fit to new MB like this! And if I get PCI-e version of GFX card, it wont fit into current MB!
I hate incompatible products...

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 ! - 12/9/2004 9:46:17 AM   
SiliconFreak

Dont worry too much,Cooler!

You have 2 options:

1. Buy both (Graphic card & Motherboard) with PCI-express. In that case I would recommend You to wait a little longer till prices drop a bit...because PCI-Express-es speeds and everything currently arent that much better than of AGP8x (or even 4x)...

or...

2. Buy Your GFX (or whichever card You want to buy) in AGP 8x version...and play it on Your current mobo (AGP 4x if my memory serves me well!?)...because its not worth to buy AGP 8x mobo just for that card to take full effect (there are only few % - some 5% actually - difference between the two of them)...

I would wait if I were You...and dont worry...there will always be better and faster graphics and everything...so even if You buy the latest ones...and spend whole fortune for that...in a year or so...it will become grumpy old peace of S***... ...so better wait and go for some best buy option (in price/performance ratio).

Cyaaaaaaaaaaa.

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 3
RE: Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 ! - 12/10/2004 12:52:44 AM   
Cooler

Yeah... "buy both", you say. On your expense, perhaps?

My point of getting new MB is not only because of GFX speeds, but USB2, SATA, FULL support for my new memory, etc.

Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to save money - Either I use it to get something usefull... or I'll spend everything for food, drinks and other "volatile" pleasures, before even realizing it.

So... as you see, I must get my upgrades when I have at least some money left. Problem is, I never have enough at the same time to make bigger upgrades, so I'll have to live with smaller ones.

Post #: 4
RE: Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 ! - 12/10/2004 11:37:31 AM   
SiliconFreak

Yeah...I could borrow You some money...how much do You need? And how much interests do I get back and when?

No seriously...I would recommend You to buy only graphic card now (as You said You will)...and it will work in Your current configuration...then maybe later buy new MB...huhhh...but the problem is...that if Your GFX will be AGP...then the next MB should be also (or You would need to change Graphic card again )...and for the RAM support and everything else there will be no problems i believe...

So the only problem I see is graphic card support...but i guess You will figoure it out somehow...

I would ask You only one more thing...what kind of CPU will You put on this new MB? Because to get best results from RAM and everything else...You would need at least 3Ghz P4...or some AMD 3000+....which once again costs certain ammount of hard earned money...

Like I said few times already...this upgrading is like neverending story...You could have the best, fastest and newest computer today....but tommorow (or at least in some year or so)...it would be only some average peace of jun*....

Sad but true...

Cya around...need to runnnnnnn...bye.

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 5
RE: Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 ! - 12/12/2004 6:39:05 AM   
Cooler

If local retailer here still has no GFX card I want at tuesday or wednesday, I could get CPU (AMD64?) and MB. Updating GFX card could then happen in January... and in february I could get more HD space... and... eargh! I want patience... RIGHT NOW!

Ok... I know in few days. But until then, I can only dream about updates.

Post #: 6
RE: Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 ! - 12/12/2004 12:46:54 PM   
SiliconFreak

Dream a little dream...

Dont worry...You'll get Your card tomorrow...then won the lottery the day after...and buy 10 new rigs with best 64bit CPU's on Wednesday....PATIENCE MY FRIEND, PATIENCE...

EDIT : I just forgot...since You are from Finland...You have Kimi Raikonnen there...and he is known to be real party man...drink alot and stuff....so maybe he could invest in Your gaming rig...and You buy him few Fosters...and Voilaaaa...compensation is finished...

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 12/12/2004 12:48:56 PM >

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 7
RE: Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 ! - 12/15/2004 8:44:07 AM   
Cooler

I did not get my GFX card, as no retailer seemed to be able to get one for me.

MB & CPU will have to be enough for a month or so...

Kimi Räikkönen? I don't know him personally (I don't even like any of that F1 stuff!) , but as far as I know, he is a bit of a party animal!

/me continues making back-ups...

Post #: 8
RE: Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 ! - 12/15/2004 10:38:49 AM   
SiliconFreak

No comment...

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 : A New Motherboard On K8T890 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI