1. Some sentences are with bad grammar, so forgive me :)
2. Some drives (LG 8162, MSI X48) don´t read all media at full speed, only when you activate High speed. For all tests High speed was enabled.
3. The drives were tested with different Mainboards/CPU´s (from AMD Duron 800 to Intel Pentium 4 2400), but that don´t matter, because every system was configured (almost) perfect, DMA was enabled in every case.
4. I didn´t make every single test with every drive, because I created some test-media later than the first tests I made.
5. I don´t remember all FW-versions of the drives, but I can say that I only use official FW, not hacked ones.
6. The test-results are fact, the end-conclusion is a little more subjective, because things like DAE-speed isn´t so important for me like for example reading protected data-disc´s. You can choose your own No. 1 with viewing the test-results.
Safedisc 2, Hitman, CCD 4:
1. AOpen 1648 AAP FW 1.07: Duration 00:01:11, Average speed 4885 kBytes/s (27.76)
2. Toshiba SD-M 1712: Duration 00:01:21, Average speed 4282 kBytes/s (24.33)
3. Toshiba 1612: Duration 00:01:22, Average speed 4230 kBytes/s (24.04)
4. LiteOn XJ-HD166S FW DS1A: Duration 00:02:11, Average speed 2648 kBytes/s (15.05)
5. Asus DVD 616: Duration 00:02:33, Average speed 2267 kBytes/s (12.88)
6. MSI X48 FW140: Duration 00:09:49, Average speed 588 kBytes/s (3.35)
7. LG GDR 8162: Duration 00:14:19, Average speed 403 kBytes/s (2.29)
8. Plextor PX 116: Duration 00:18:21, Average speed 315 kBytes/s (1.79)
9. Pioneer DVD-117: Duration 00:31:30, Average speed 183 kBytes/s (1.04)
10. Teac DV 516: Duration 01:05:15, Average speed 88 kBytes/s (0.50)
11. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Duration 01:21:04, Average speed 71 kBytes/s (0.41)
AOpen, Toshiba 1612 and 1712 with an outstanding performance, LiteOn and Asus still good. MSI, Plextor and LG still moderate. Teac and Toshiba 1912 can not be recommended.
Safedisc 1, Die Sims, CCD 4:
1. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Duration 00:01:46, Average speed 5370 kBytes/s (30.52)
2. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Duration 00:02:01, Average speed 4704 kBytes/s (26.73)
3. Toshiba SD-M 1612: Duration 00:02:02 Average speed 4666 kBytes/s (26.51)
4. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Duration 00:03:29, Average speed 2723 kBytes/s (15.48)
5. Asus DVD 616: Duration 00:04:05, Average speed 2323 kBytes/s (13.20)
6. MSI X48 FW 140: Duration 00:12:36, Average speed 753 kBytes/s (4.28)
7. LG GDR 8162: Duration 00:21:21, Average speed 444 kBytes/s (2.53)
8. Plextor PX 116: Duration 00:26:16, Average speed 361 kBytes/s (2.05)
9. Pioneer DVD 117: Duration 00:47:09, Average speed 201 kBytes/s (1.14)
10. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Duration 01:23:28, Average speed 113 kBytes/s (0.65)
Again AOpen, Toshiba 1612 and 1712 with great performance. LiteOn and Asus show good results, MSI is ok. LG and Plextor still moderate, Pioneer with bad performance, Toshiba´s 1912 with the worst performance.
Need for Speed – Porsche, Safedisc 1 (Copy):
1. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Duration 00:01:54, Average speed 6050 kBytes/s (34.38)
2. Toshiba SD-M 1612: Duration 00:02:35, Average speed 4450 kBytes/s (25.29)
3. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Duration 00:03:20, Average speed 3449 kBytes/s (19.60)
4. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Duration 00:06:16, Average speed 1834 kBytes/s (10.42)
5. Asus DVD 616: Duration 00:07:18, Average speed 1574 kBytes/s (8.95)
6. MSI X48 FW 140: Duration 00:34:16, Average speed 335 kBytes/s (1.91)
7. LG GDR 8162: Duration 00:44:38, Average speed 257 kBytes/s (1.46)
8. Plextor PX 116: Duration 00:50:51, Average speed 226 kBytes/s (1.28)
9. Teac DV 516: Duration 04:33:04, Average speed 42 kBytes/s (0.24)
10. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Duration 05:06:20, Average speed 37 kBytes/s (0.21)
AOpen can´t be stopped, Toshiba 1612 and 1712 still very fast. LiteOn and Asus good, MSI, LG and Plextor are slow. Teac and Toshiba´s 1912 with a real poor performance.
Conclusion: When reading protected data-media, the AOpen with the Toshiba 1712 and 1712 are the best drives. LiteOn and Asus still good drives. Toshiba 1912, Pioneer DVD 117 and Teac DV 516 not to recommend.
Daten-DVD, 1 Layer, 4.23GB:
1.Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 6.80x, End 16.23x, Average 12.20x, Duration 4:43
2. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 6.79x, End 12.53x, Average 12.08x, Duration 4:46
3. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 6.73x, End 16.18x, Average 12.16x, Duration 4:45
4. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 6.55x, End 14.42x, Average 11.66x, Duration 4:59
5. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 5.12x, End 12.16x, Average 9.14x, Duration 6:18
6. LG GDR 8162: Start 3.39x, End 8.04x, Average 6.04x, Duration 9:32
Wow, first place for the 1912. LiteOn, AOpen, Tosh 1712 are close. MSI with good performance, LG was not fast, but still moderate.
Daten-DVD, 2 Layer, 7.84GB:
1. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 5.17x, End 10.35x, Average 9.20x, Duration 11:36
2. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 4.24x, End 10.08x, Average 7.56x, Duration 14:07
3. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 3.54x, End 8.40x, Average 6.31x, Duration 16:56
4. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 3.45x, End 8.18x, Average 6.14x, Duration 17:23
5. LG GDR 8162: Start 3.41x, End 8.07x, Average 6.06x, Duration 17:38
6. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 3.35x, End 7.93x, Average 5.95x, Duration 17:57
The AOpen was unbeatable, the Toshiba 1712 follows with good performance. The other drives are not really slow, but they could be faster.
Conclusion: AOpen shows best performance, Toshiba 1712 and 1912 with good results. LiteOn´s performance is mixed, MSI is acceptable. The LG drive is to slow.
1. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 4.74x, End 11.47x, Average 8.58x, Duration 8:25
2. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 3.65x, End 8.80x, Average 6.58x, Duration 9:04
3. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 3.44x, End 8.29x, Average 6.20x, Duration 9:36
4. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 2.63x, End 6.35x, Average 4.75x, Duration 12:33
5. LG GDR 8162: Start 2.54x, End 6.12x, Average 4.57x, Duration 13:01
6. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 2.19x, End 5.28x, Average 3.95x, Duration 15:04
6. Toshiba SD-M 1612: Start 2.19x, End 5.28x, Average 3.95x, Duration 15:04
Again great performance from the AOpen, LiteOn and MSI are close to the fastest drive. Toshiba 1912 and LG still good, Toshiba 1612 and 1712 are a little slow.
1. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 4.69x, End 11.49x, Average 8.58x, Duration 6:57
2. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 3.63x, End 8.80x, Average 6.57x, Duration 9:04
3. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 3.42x, End 8.31x, Average 6.20x, Duration 9:37
4. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 2.59x, End 6.32x, Average 4.71x, Duration 12:39
5. LG GDR 8162: Start 2.51x, End 6.12x, Average 4.57x, Duration 13:03
6.Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 2.17x, End 5.29x, Average 3.95x, Duration 15:06
7. Toshiba SD-M 1612: Start 1.95x, End 4.77x, Average 3.56x, Duration 16:46
AOpen again gets the first place, LiteOn and MSI follows with a considerably distance. Toshiba 1912 and LG still good, Toshiba´s 1612 and 1712 could be faster.
1. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 3.87x, End 9.46x, Average 7.06x, Duration 8:26
2. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 3.66x, End 8.80x, Average 6.57x, Duration 9:04
3. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 3.43x, End 8.29x, Average 6.20x, Duration 9:37
4. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 2.62x, End 6.35x, Average 4.74x, Duration 12:34
5. LG GDR 8162: Start 2.53x, End 6.12x, Average 4.57x, Duration 13:07
6. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 1.97x, End 4.76x, Average 3.56x, Duration 16:45
6. Toshiba SD-M 1612: Start 1.97x, End 4.76x, Average 3.56x, Duration 16:45
AOpen again the number 1, LiteOn and MSI follows. Toshiba and LG still good, Toshiba 1612 and 1712 again the slowest drives.
1. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 3.90x, End 9.46x, Average 7.07x, Duration 8:25
2. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 3.60x, End 5.91x, Average 6.55x, Duration 9:09
3. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 3.37x, End 8.28x, Average 6.17x, Duration 9:40
4. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 2.63x, End 6.35x, Average 4.75x, Duration 12:33
5. LG GDR 8162: Start 2.49x, End 6.11x, Average 4.55x, Duration 13:07
6. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 1.98x, End 4.77x, Average 3.57x, Duration 16:42
7. Toshiba SD-M 1612: Start 1.93x, End 4.75x, Average 3.54x, Duration 16:51
Any questions? AOpen does it again, great drive. LiteOn and MSI comes next, Toshiba 1912 and LG again still good, Toshiba 1612 and 1712 again the slowest drives.
Conclusion: With recordable/rewritable-media the AOpen is unstoppable, maybe AOpen dopes their drives? LiteOn makes a good drive for these media-types, the MSI X48 Combo-drive follow with a small difference. Toshiba´s 1912 has a good time in that section, along with the LG. The older Toshiba´s 1612 and 1712 are to slow.
1. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 1.78x, End 4.19x, Average 3.14x, Duration 18:35
2. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 2.12x, End 2.15x, Average 2.16x, Duration 25:26
3. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 2.03x, End 2.12x, Average 2.10x, Duration 26:13
4. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 2.04x, End 2.03x, Average 2.01x, Duration 27:31
5. LG GDR 8162: Start 1.99x, End 2.00x, Average 2.00x, Duration 27:33
Conclusion: The MSI uses CAV 2x-4x and was the fastest drive. LiteOn comes 2nd with a big distance, the 1912 follows, the 1712 and LG are not much slower.
CD-R 99, data :13.59 :
1. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 24.42x, End 56.62x, Average 42.63x, Duration 2:26
1. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 24.08x, End 55.87x, Average 42.06x, Duration 2:26
3. LG GDR 8162: Start 23.76x, End 55.05x, Average 41.45x, Duration 2:30
4.AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 23.18x, End 54.09x, Average 40.74x, Duration 2:34
5. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 22.57x, End 52.57x, Average 39.58x, Duration 2:38
6. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 21.65x, End 54.49x, Average 39.88x, Duration 2:39
Toshiba SD-M 1612: Doesn´t work with that drive.
The drives all with close results, there´s no real winner. Only the Toshiba 1612 have problems with reading 99 Min.
Audio-CD 78.54 Min:Sek (the disc is a little scratched near the end. Most drives slowdown at the mark, it depends on the CDSpeed-version what end-speed it show. some versions show the (slowdown)end-speed, some the max. speed)
1. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 21.37x, End 35.85x, Average 37.25x, Duration 2:13
2. Teac DV 516: Start 21.58x, End 39.65x, Average 36.54x, Duration 2:14
3. Plextor PX 116: Start 19.22x End 20.57x Average 32.10x, Duration 2:35
4. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 18.62x, End 41.78x, Average 31.66x, Duration 2:36
5. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 17.69x, End 40.68x, Average 30.18x, Duration 2:41
5. LG GDR 8162: Start 18.08x, End 40.48x, Average 30.67x, Duration 2:41
6.Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 14.21x, End 33.01x, Average 24.89x, Duration 3:19
7. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 13.79x, End 31.02x, Average 23.50x, Duration 3:30
The LiteOn and Teac with great performance, Plextor, MSI, AOpen and LG following. The Toshiba´s both considerably slower than the competitors.
Audio-CD-R 78.54 Min:Sek
1. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 22.20x, End 49.69x, Average 37.62x, Duration 2:11
2. Teac DV 516: Start 21.43x, End 48.67x, Average 36.85x, Duration 2:14
3. Plextor PX 116: Start 19.12x, End 42.97x, Average 32.54x, Duration 2:32
4. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 18.51x, End 41.59x, Average 31.50x, Duration 2:36
5. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 17.52x, End 40.91x, Average 30.82x, Duration 2:41
5. LG GDR 8162: Start 17.99x, End 40.52x, Average 30.69x, Duration 2:41
6. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 14.10x, End 32.84x, Average 24.77x, Duration 3:20
7. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 13.74x, End 30.90x, Average 23.39x, Duration 3:31
Same sequence like pressed Audio.
Conclusion: With (unprotected) Audio the LiteOn and Teac the best drives in this test. Plextor, MSI, AOpen and LG still fast, the Toshiba 1612 and 1712 could be better.
CD-RW 73:09 Min:Sek
1. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 20.87x, End 48.19x, Average 36.59x, Duration 2:04
2. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 18.68x, End 41.38x, Average 31.44x, Duration 2:24
3. LG GDR 8162: Start 18.06x, End 39.97x, Average 30.37x, Duration 2:30
4. Teac DV 516: Start 15.48x, End 34.21x, Average 25.99x, Duration 2:55
5. Plextor PX 116: Start 14.84x, End 32.84x, Average 24.95x, Duration 3:03
6. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 14.35x, End 33.04x, Average 24.97x, Duration 3:05
7. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 13.22x, End 32.80x, Average 24.79x, Duration 3:07
8. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 10.90x, End 24.12x, Average 18.33x, Duration 4:08
Conclusion: The Toshiba 1712 is the only drive that was able to read at full speed. The MSI and LG do well, Teac, Plextor, AOpen and Toshiba 1912 still ok, but the LiteOn-drive is to slow with RW-media.
1. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 22.04x, End 47.92x, Average 36.48x, Duration 2:04
2. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 21.37x, End 48.55x, Average 36.76x, Duration 2:05
2. LG GDR 8162: Start 21.67x, End 47.51x, Average 36.17x, Duration 2:05
4. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 21.11x, End 47.74x, Average 36.14x, Duration 2:07
4. Plextor PX 116: Start 21.47x, End 47.09x, Average 35.85x, 2:07
4. Teac DV 516: Start 21.46x, End 46.95x, Average 35.73x, Duration 2:07
7. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 21.29x, End 46.76x, Average 35.59x, Duration 2:08
8. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 19.99x, End 48.40x, Average 35.62x, Duration 2:10
The LiteOn is the fastest, but all other drives only some seconds slower.
1. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Start 21.60x, End 50.59x, Average 38.12x, Duration 2:13
1. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Start 22.21x, End 50.24x, Average 37.98x, Duration 2:13
3. MSI X48 FW 140: Start 21.30x, End 49.77x, Average 37.48x, Duration 2:15
4. LG GDR 8162: Start 21.75x, End 49.12x, Average 37.14x, Duration 2:16
4. Teac DV 516: Start 21.77x, End 49.23x, Average 37.21x, Duration 2:16
6.Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Start 20.70x, End 48.99x, Average 37.01x, Duration 2:17
7. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Start 20.29x, End 50.43x, Average 37.06x, Duration 2:18
8. Plextor PX 116: Start 19.17x, End 43.43x, Average 32.84x, Duration 2:35
AOpen and LiteOn the fastest, the most others drive are a little slower. Only the Plextor has a bigger difference to the fastest.
Conclusion Data-CD/-R: No big differences overall, all drives are fast enough.
SVCD, ca. 80 Min:
1. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Duration 00:02:14, Average speed 6249 kBytes/s (35.51)
2. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Duration 00:02:16, Average speed 6157 kBytes/s (34.99)
3. Toshiba SD-M 1612: Duration 00:02:17, Average speed 6112 kBytes/s (34.73)
4. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Duration 00:02:42, Average speed 5169 kBytes/s (29.37)
5. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Duration 00:06:20, Average speed 2203 kBytes/s (12.52)
6. MSI X48 FW 140: Duration 00:06:24, Average speed 2180 kBytes/s (12.39)
7. LG GDR 8162: Duration 00:13:31, Average speed 1032 kBytes/s (5.87)
The LiteOn and Toshiba 1612/1712 with great performance, the AOpen still good. Toshiba 1912 and MSI could do better , LG to slow.
VCD, ca. 80 Min:
1. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S FW DS1A: Duration 00:02:08, Average speed 6247 kBytes/s (35.50)
2. AOpen AAP 1648 FW .107: Duration 00:02:36, Average speed 5126 kBytes/s (29.13)
3.. Toshiba SD-M 1912 FW TM00: Duration 00:06:02, Average speed 2209 kBytes/s (12.55)
4. MSI X48 FW 140: Duration 00:06:10, Average speed 2161 kBytes/s (12.28)
5. Toshiba SD-M 1712 FW1004: Duration 00:11:46, Average speed 1132 kBytes/s (6.44)
6. Toshiba SD-M 1612: Duration 00:11:49, Average speed 1127 kBytes/s (6.41))
7. LG GDR 8162: Duration 00:13:05, Average speed 1018 kBytes/s (5.79)
LiteOn beats the competitors with a considerably distance to the AOpen. Toshiba 1912 and MSI still with an good performance. Toshiba 1612/1712 and LG have a poor performance with VCD.
Conclusion: LiteOn is the best drive for SVCD/VCD, the AOpen offers also a good performance. Toshiba 1612/1712 come with mixed results, MSI and Toshiba 1912 with average speed, LG is to slow to recommend.
Overall conclusion (in my opinion):
1. AOpen 1648AAP: I heard rumors that this drive is a rebadged Pioneer. Never been a fan of AOpen CD-RW-drives (I only say "Medium speed error"), but this drive is a great one. Fastest drive with protected data-media and with recordable/rewritable DVD-media. In other discipline´s not the fastest, but still faster than many competitors. This drive is not the quietest, but far away from noisy. Only negative point: It doesn´t support DVD-RAM.
2. LiteOn XJ-HD 166S: In the past I had bad experiences with many CD-Roms (short lifetime, noisy, bad DAE-quality) and CD-RW-drives (bad writing quality, also short lifetime)from LiteOn. But with the 166S LiteOn offers a very good drive when reading SVCD/VCD, recordable/rewritable DVD-media, data-media and protected data-media, it also support DVD-RAM. Negative points are the error-correction (2 from 3 drives I had have problems with scratched media, the most other drives I had had no problems), the poor CD-RW-speed and the noise level.
3. MSI X48: In many points not real fast, but rarely slow. Great performance with DVD-RAM-media. It´s also a good CD-writer with high quality burns with every media I used. The negative point is the poor error-correction with DVD-media, all my other drives do it better.
4. Toshiba SD-M 1712: Great performance with protected data-CD´s, CD-RW, SVCD and good performance with pressed DVD-media, supports DVD-RAM. It also is quiet and have short recognition-times for almost all media and a very good error-correction for DVD and CD. Negative points are the slow reading of recordable/rewritable DVD-media, Audio-ripping could be faster.
5. Toshiba SD-M 1612: Almost the same results like the 1712, but have problems with 99 Min-CD-R´s.
6. Plextor PX 116: It´s a rebadged Pioneer, but with Plextor´s own FW. I don´t have tested the drive with all media, so I don´t know the performance with recordable/rewritable DVD-media. The drive have good performance with Audio and data-CD´s, reads CD-RW and VCD/SVCD with an average speeds and seems to be overall a very reliable drive, the noise-level is also ok. Negative points. The price is higher than at other drives, the speed for protected data-CD´s is to slow for a Plextor, it doesn´t support DVD-RAM.
7. Toshiba SD-M 1912: It´s not a real Toshiba, it´s more like a Samsung. The speed for reading VCD was after all better than with earlier Toshiba-drives, the speed for recordable/rewritable DVD-media was improved, but that isn´t enough for a new drive because the competitors do it better. Positive point is the support for DVD-Ram and the relative low noise-level. I don´t really understand why this drives didn´t have the good properties from the original-Toshiba´s (Great speed with CD-RW, SVCD, protected data-media, short recognition-times) but some negative points like slow DAE-speeds didn´t removed from this drive.
8. Teac DV 516 (Rebadged Pioneer): I don´t have tested the drive with all media, so I don´t know the performance with recordable/rewritable DVD-media.It offers reat performance with CD, CD-R, Audio-CD and good performance with CD-RW. The CD error-correction is also good. Negative points: Noisy, average DVD-error-correction, slow with protected data-media, no DVD-RAM-support.
9. LG GDR 8162: Positive: Reads all types of media. Fast with pressed DVD´s, Audio-CD and data-CD. Good with CD-RW, average speed with recordable/rewritable DVD-media and protected CD-media, support DVD-RAM, the drive is also relative quiet. Negative: Very slow with SVCD/VCD, error-correction only average.
10. Pioneer DVD 117: Don´t forget, it´s only a 40x max. CD-drive. I don´t have tested the drive with all media, so I don´t know the performance with recordable/rewritable DVD-media. The drive have aver. performance with pressed CD´s and CD-R-media, is fast with pressed DVD-media. The speed for reading SVCD/VCD is also good. Negative points: Problems with recognizing recordable media, only 16x DAE-extraction, no support for DVD-RAM. It´s also very slow when reading protected CD-media.
If you had any questions, feel free to ask.
Pentium 4 Northwood 2400@2572
Acard AEC 6280
Hitachi T7K250 250GB
Seagate Barracuda ATA 7200.7 ST3200822A
AOpen 1648 AAP 1.07
LiteOn SOHW 1653S CS0P
Benq DW 1640 BSLB
Asus DRW 1608P2S 1.37