CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1297 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 6/30/2003 12:20:14 PM   
sp

Hi
It is normal, especially with the latest cheap taiwanese drives and media, to experience these types of problems.

Please consult the moderators of this forum on this. They know quite a lot of "secrets" and I am sure you will resolve your problem without returning your drive.

WM # CI

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 33
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 7/1/2003 4:53:02 PM   
Jcas

You can upgrade your BenQ/KHypermedia/Cendyne 4824 driver as follow:

48x24x48 (4824W)
Original Firmware: C.xZ

"Upgraded" to: BenQ 5224W
New Firmware: F.JZ
What changed? Speed increase to 52x24x52, now supports Mt. Rainier

48x24x48 (4824P)
Original Firmware: D.xC

"Upgraded" to: BenQ 5224P
New Firmware: K.UC
What changed? Speed increase to 52x24x52, Mt. Rainier not supported

You can find the firmware at:
http://www.benq.com/drivers/storage_drivers.html

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 34
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 7/2/2003 4:59:02 PM   
compunerd632

Can anyone tell me what some of these "secrets" are? Also, will the k.xc flash my drive itself or do I have to get the bin file out of there and use a separate flasher?

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 35
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 7/2/2003 6:09:38 PM   
ice_blade

I'm interested in upgrading my 4824P (D.IC) to 5224P (K.UC). Is that possible? What tools I need (mtkflash and a bin file)? cptsnoopy, can you help me?

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 36
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 7/2/2003 8:34:49 PM   
Jcas

In order to upgrade the 4824P (D.IC) to 5224P (K.UC) just take the file KUC.exe at

http://www.benq.com/drivers/storage_drivers.html

and execute it from Windows (Start -> Run).
That's all! It's very simple!

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 37
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 7/11/2003 3:34:09 AM   
mrsttn

I think I have the same cendyne model that you are all talking about because I also bought it at Office Max. However, my brother threw away the box and did'n write the serial number down so unless I open my PC and remove my burner from it, I won't be able to see the maker's info.

My newest nero 5.5.10.42 recognized the burner but it won't allow an operation unless I upgrade it to version 6

My NTI software that came with the burner won't even let me burn a CD. It keeps reading the burner as a virtual device and allows a creation of an image file on the hard drive only. When I try to copy a CD, the source shows Cendyne 48X24X48, but target keeps showing image thus enabling a copy onto my hard drive only.

Interestingly, when I played with Real Audio player software this morning to burn a music CD, it created 4 tracks (out of 16) for me before failing miserably.

Do I have to upgrade so called firmware as you are all writing about? I don't want to perform a surgery on my PC, how can be sure my model is 4824P ? By the way, when I trouble shoot hardware device in my windows 2000 using the control panel, the PCI bus driver is missing, and I couldn't find a driver for it anywhere. Is the problem with "PCI bus" in any way related to my burner's problem?

Thank you so much for helping, and please be specific as I am not so "techie" as all of you are

Mrs. ttn

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 38
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 7/11/2003 5:21:56 AM   
Jcas

You don't need to open your PC to find out which type of driver do you have. Just execute Nero and from the menu bar select:
"Recorder" -> "Chose recorder" and then select your driver from the list. Then check the "Firmware revision" as follow:

48x24x48 (4824W)
Original Firmware: C.xZ
or "upgraded" firmaware to 5224W: F.JZ

48x24x48 (4824P)
Original Firmware: D.xC
or "upgraded" firmware to 5224P: K.UC

If you driver is not working with the original firmware, for sure it is not because of the firmware. Check if your Nero is really recognizing your driver and if it is not expired (demo version for example). Some versions of Nero only works with specific brands of driver (bundled versions).

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 39
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 7/11/2003 9:16:41 PM   
mrsttn

Thank you for the tip, but I was wrong on the burner's spec. My burner is Cendyne 48X16X48AX with firmware version 150F.

I saw a firmware update for 4816P at the web site http://www.benq.com/drivers/storage_drivers.html
Is this it??

Please let me know. Thank You.

Mrs. ttn

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 40
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 7/12/2003 6:03:36 AM   
Jcas

I don't know this driver, but it looks like it is a OptoRite. They have a firmware version 150E on their website, but I saw many guys complaining that this is a "downgrade" to the drive.

See more information at:

http://www.cdr-info.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8662&SearchTerms=cendyne,150f

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 41
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 7/14/2003 5:03:44 AM   
cptsnoopy

Has anybody else had problems flashing to F.JZ? I had already upgraded my khypermedia 482448 (CF.Z) to 522452 (FF.Z). This flash worked great. Then I tried flashing from FF.Z to FJ.Z and it looked like it was flashing normally then it seemed to get into an endless loop and the computer appeared to be frozen up. I let it sit for about 30 minutes and then when it looked hopeless I pressed ctrl-alt-delete. It did not react for a minute or so then the task manager screen came up. I closed out the flashing program and shut down the computer. I figured all was lost for the CDRW. After restarting, I checked with Nero and it said that I did have a CDRW and it showed firmware FJ.Z... weird! Then I got an email from another person who tried to upgrade from CF.Z to FJ.Z and had a similar experience as me but his drive was DOF (Dead after Flash). Just wondering if the newer firmware is setup to discourage this sort of upgrade? So far I think most people have had good success with the upgrade using FF.Z.

CptSnoopy
:-)

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 42
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 7/15/2003 2:57:48 AM   
Jcas

I've upgraded my KHypermedia (BenQ) originally 48x24x48 from CF.Z to FJ.Z without any kind of problem. I executed the file FJZ02.EXE under Windows 98SE directly.

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI