CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1132 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 4/30/2003 5:09:41 PM   
Bordershy

Hello,

I bought a 4824P yesterday & flashed it from D.IC to D.SC & it doesn't seem to burn over 12X.Have tryed different media with no luck.Did i use the wrong Firmware?

I have DMA on all drives.

Thx

[/quote]

Yamaha CRW6416SZ CRW-F1E/Plextor PX-32TSi/BenQ 48x24/Lite-On LTR-52246S

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 17
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 4/30/2003 6:41:19 PM   
Bordershy

Just a bit more info.

The problem seems to be with burning MP3's as i tried burning an ISO & it flew at around 40X (3 Min).Am useing Nero.

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 18
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/1/2003 12:50:15 AM   
cptsnoopy

Hi Bordershy,

I was only able to find D.RC from BenQ's website. It would make sense that the next firmware would be D.SC but I don't know where to find it. I flashed my 4824P to D.RC and it improved the CD-R compatibility but I did not try to burn MP3's so I can't tell you how that would have worked. I did burn some data and a disc to test the DAO and that all went well. I then dug out the binary file from K.RC for the update to the 5224P and flashed my 4824P using MtkWinFlash and it seems to be working as a 5224P just fine. I will try burning an MP3 to see how it does but I need to know if you were burning from MP3's stored on your hardrive or some other method?

CptSnoopy
:-)

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 19
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/1/2003 3:31:57 AM   
Bordershy

Thanks for the reply,

I did some more testing today & found if i converted the MP3's to Wave's the speed really improved,so i think it was taxing my test system (P2 333/384m ram)that i threw the burner in as my main system is full.I'm used to burning with my 6x Yamaha & guess the conversion going on in the background doesn't get in the way at that low speed.I have a lot of MP3's & hope once i get this burner in my main rig that things pickup as i don't want to go back to the dark days of changeing them to waves just to burn an audio disc:(

I resisting the urge for a long time to upgrade to a speeder burner as i'm aware of diminishing returns on speed,but just couldn't turn down a deal like this:)

The FW flash D.SC i found at http://global.benq.com/service/cdr/drivers2.html##cdrw

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 20
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/1/2003 5:48:47 AM   
cptsnoopy

I found the D.SC firmware, thanks for the link. I also downloaded the K.SC for the 5224P and used it because my 4824P now thinks it is a 5224P... I found that my CD-R compatibility was just a little worse with the K.SC firmware compared to the K.RC firmware. The K.RC was much better than the K.PC that came before it...
I don't know that much about how a MP3 is recorded but I am thinking that it is burned as a data CD and that .wav are burned as a music CD but I am not sure. If the MP3's are burned in a data format then there should not be any converting in the background. I thought that happened when you ripped a music CD into MP3's. This will probably just prove my ignorance... Any how, since the K.RC seems to work better with my cheap CD-R's I will stick to using it. If you want to overclock your drive to 52x I can email you the binary file for K.RC. After you flash, you can upgrade to K.SC from the same link you got the D.SC.

CptSnoopy

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 21
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/1/2003 6:49:47 AM   
Bordershy

Nero makes it easy to burn music cd's that will play in any player.You just drag your MP3's into a new compilation & it will convert them automatically.I think you may have been thinking about burning them just like a data cd,which is cool,but can't be played back in regular cd players.I'm not sure exactly how it's done,but suspect it's in the background as the disc is burned hence the added drain on the system with a drop in burn speed.

As i said,I'm comeing from a 6X burner,so if this thing runs anywhere close to 48 I'll be very happy:)Thanks for the offer on the overclock.

I also like cheap CDR's & hope the higher speeds don't become a problem as my Yamaha will work with anything i throw at it.

Now if this BenQ will just last as long as the Yamaha has......

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 22
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/1/2003 10:47:49 AM   
cptsnoopy

thanks, that makes sense. I was burning MP3's as data files because I had just picked up a jensen cd / mp3 player, works like a champ...

CptSnoopy

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 23
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/1/2003 5:54:58 PM   
Bordershy

A couple of questions....

Burning at 44X takes about 3.5 min. Burning at 24X takes about 3.5 min. Is this where the diminishing returns kicks in?Is this where the drive goes into a CAV/P-CAV inbetween mode? Should I expect any better burn times?

Also I have to use CD-RW's with my backup program. Should I get the fastest 1's I can find or are they all that great?

Thx again....

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 24
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/1/2003 7:11:45 PM   
Leurys

Thanks CptSnoopy for the binary firmware.

The only problem that I am having is that I am using Win2000Pro. The NERO software doesn't recognize the Drive. My computer list it as a DVD/CD-ROM. It is on the cable as a slave attached to a BenQ 1648A DVD-Rom. The computer also reports Write and re-Write speeds as 0x/0x and Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum doesn't recognize it either. The InCD or the CDCreator can't find it or say the drive is not ready. Nero CD Speed test does it a 48x and checks out. The funny part to all this is that the special software that cost money do not recognize the drive and I can't Copy CD, Burn Data CD, Format or MP3 music with them but the free software like Real player, MusicMatch, Windows Media player can burn MP3, Wave and Music files at 48X and it sounds better and faster than my Iomega ZipCD 4x4x24x USB1.1 drive. If anyone knows or is having any similar problems like this let me know. I am going to use CptSnoopy K.RC flash firmware and see if the programs recognize it under the 5224P Drive.

thank you.

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 25
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/1/2003 8:36:12 PM   
cptsnoopy

Glad you got the binary ok.

I am not an expert so take this with a grain of salt...

I am wondering if you have components of ez cd creator and Nero and possibly other cd writing software on the computer together...

I use regcleaner, a neat little program that lets you look at the registry and remove leftover entries. It backs them up so you can replace them if you were wrong to remove it... I always find stuff from adaptec left over from ez cd creator after I uninstall it.

I forgot to mention that I am using win2kpro also.

Since I make mistakes once in a while, I would also check and verify that your BenQ 1648A is jumpered to master and your 4824P is slave. then just to be certain I would disconnect the 1648A before I flashed the K.RC firmware because the mtkflash will flash without checking...
I accidently flashed a bad firmware to the 4824P and was able to revive it because I made a backup of its firmware before I tried flashing the new corrupt file. whew! I can't think of what else would be causing those issues... good luck

CptSnoopy

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 26
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/1/2003 8:54:46 PM   
cptsnoopy

Hi Bordershy,

it looks like your getting 24x in both situations, 44x should be closer to 2min45sec or so. have you tried running Nero CD Speed? you can check both data write and audio write with your CD-R media without actually writing to them...

CptSnoopy

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 27
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/1/2003 11:43:46 PM   
OakDale

When you all flashed your 4824P drives, did you do it from DOS or directly from windows?

I have had some problems getting the firmware to flash to a new version.

Also, I would like to try the K.RC firmware to see if it might take, so If you would be so good as to send it along to:

OakDale96@aol.com

Thanks.

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 28
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/2/2003 2:18:05 AM   
cptsnoopy

Hi Oakdale,

I used MtkFlash v1.62(DOS) to backup my original DRC.bin then I used MtkWinFlash to flash the KRC.bin that was extracted from the KRC.exe from BenQ's website. The files are on their way to you. good luck

CptSnoopy

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 29
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 5/2/2003 3:28:30 PM   
Leurys

Hi everyone,
I tried to flash it under mtkwinflash and disconnected my DVD rom drive and it just gave me an error. I then searched the nero website and found some useful utilities and an update to my nero software. Now it detects the CDRW and is able to use it.
I gave up on the K.RC and K.SC flash. I am happy now that it is able to detect the Drive correctly and is able to use it. Thank you for sending the bin files. Maybe in the future I will use it if I am bored or want to upgrade and feel like it is worth breaking the drive.

Thanks everyone.
Specially CTPSNOOPY.

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 30
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 6/27/2003 4:13:49 AM   
jdepew

WAHOO- found a new firmware for this drive..

check it out its version D.UC - most interestingly, after flashing and checking what it supports with DISCInfo, it supports Mount Rainier
I did check it before with D.SC too which doesn't support it.

go get it. http://www.benq.com/drivers/storage_drivers.html#cdrw_internal

the 52X for those of you who have flashed up also have the K.UC version available.

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 31
RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box - 6/30/2003 6:17:09 AM   
compunerd632

Hi, I got this drive a while back when OfficeMax was doing their sale. Recently I tried to burn some old cd-rws I had (4x and 2x). But when I use my Lite-On dvd drive to read the disc for a scandisc in Nero Cdspeed it finds a lot of errors on the disc. I also found that burning different brand cdrs that I got from a friend (Memorex) ends up with errors at the end of the disc. This doesn't happen with some older Fujifilm discs that I've had for a while. I haven't bought any newer media that is compatible with 40 or 48x yet. I have tried all this on many different firmwares (I'm up to d.uc now) and it doesn't change. Does anyone else have these problems? It sucks that I didn't catch this sooner because now I'll have to RMA to Cendyne instead of exchanging at OfficeMax.

(in reply to OakDale)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: BenQ disguised in Cendyne box Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI