CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

IBM Wins Honeywell Deal !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 697 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> IBM Wins Honeywell Deal ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IBM Wins Honeywell Deal ! - 11/23/2004 6:01:08 AM   
SiliconFreak

IBM has won a long-term contract from Honeywell worth several hundred million dollars, its largest military/aerospace engineering contract since IBM exited the field a decade ago, it said on Monday.
The agreement between IBM's Engineering & Technology Services unit and Honeywell's military aerospace business covers electronics for aircraft, munitions, space and surface vehicles, the companies said in a statement.

The 10-year deal is designed to speed development of network-based battlefield gear, they said. Under the agreement, Honeywell gains access to IBM engineering expertise, technologies, research and electronics manufacturing capacity.

"Companies that are very proud of their engineering competence are looking to IBM" for electronic design services, Robert Blackburn, vice president of military and aerospace engineering for IBM, said in a phone interview last week.

The deal represents the largest yet for International Business Machines Corp.'s nascent electronics engineering services business, Blackburn said. An IBM spokesman confirmed the deal with Honeywell was worth "several hundred million dollars" to IBM over the life of the contract.

The IBM unit previously has announced technology and engineering services deals with Raytheon Co., Boeing Co. and L-3 Communications Holdings Inc.

The push into the aerospace electronics market comes a decade after the computer maker sold off its Federal Systems Co. business to a predecessor of what is now L-3, in the wake of the Cold War. It was later sold to Lockheed Martin.
Full story...

Source : Reuters
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> IBM Wins Honeywell Deal ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI