CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

min PC spec for 16x burning   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1304 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> min PC spec for 16x burning Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
min PC spec for 16x burning - 11/7/2004 8:19:54 AM   
Zigo

I've just joined the board so a big hello to you all

I've been looking at buying a DVD writer for a while now and been watching what's available. I work in IT tech support so I know all the drives that have come and gone in the last year, and what seems to be top of the crop at the moment. I'm tending towards getting the LG GSA-4160B (mostly after reading the good review on this website) but before I make my purchase I have one question...

What would you recommend as a minimum spec PC for burning even an 8x disc? My PC is pretty old and I'm looking at buying a new one but will probably wait until February for prices on 775 motherboards, PCIE graphics cards, etc. stable out a bit. So my current spec is dual Celeron 400 (overclocked to 500) on an Abit BP6, 320Mb SDRAM, 80Gb ATA133 hdd, Win XP. The hdd is on a separate PCI card because the board is only ATA66 native, which is what the DVD drive would end up being connected to.

Is that a good enough system to be burning DVDs at 8x or higher, if I ensure I'm not doing anything else at the same time? I asked around at work and no-one gave a definite answer
Post #: 1
RE: min PC spec for 16x burning - 11/7/2004 1:43:36 PM   
emperor

Hi Zigo and welcome to our forums!

I would say for sure 4X is possible and maybe 8X too, it depends on your HDD, if you dont move the mouse while burning should be OK

(in reply to Zigo)
Post #: 2
RE: min PC spec for 16x burning - 11/8/2004 2:07:08 AM   
Iggy

Hmmm, I have a frint with the same CPU, overclocked at 500 too, and managed to make some 16X recordings. However I wouldn't sugget this. 8X is great why go at 16X?

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> min PC spec for 16x burning Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI