CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Intel 3.8-GHz Pentium 4 Due Nov. 15 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1366 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Intel 3.8-GHz Pentium 4 Due Nov. 15 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intel 3.8-GHz Pentium 4 Due Nov. 15 ! - 11/6/2004 9:46:37 AM   
SiliconFreak

Intel Corp. and its partners are set to launch the 3.8-GHz Pentium 4, aka the Intel Pentium 4 570, on Nov. 15, sources said.

An Intel spokesman declined to confirm the launch date, saying only that the chip was due "real soon now".

In any event, the single-core Pentium 4 will be the fastest on Intel's roadmap for the near future. Intel said it would place the 4.0-GHz Pentium 4 on hiatus. On Nov. 1, Intel released the 3.46-GHz Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, a pricey $999 chip aimed at the top of the enthusiast niche.

In the second half of 2005, Intel will begin shipping its dual-core Pentium 4 chips, which are expected to be clocked at a lower speed than the single-core Pentium 4s, so they can be used with a similar cooling solution and power supply. In some early estimates of dual-core performance released last month, AMD indicated that it might clock a dual-core Athlon 64 chip at three and five speed grades less than the fastest single-core chip at the time. If Intel follows suit, then its first dual-core chips would be clocked at 3.2-GHz and 2.8-GHz.

In 2006 and 2007, Intel is expected to shift its desktop line to use more of the features of the mobile Pentium M, which consumes less power than its desktop cousins.

Source : ExtremeTech
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Intel 3.8-GHz Pentium 4 Due Nov. 15 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI