CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 760 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 2/2/2003 1:04:21 AM   
Zn0rt

Howdy,

I have been using this CRW-F1E as a CRW-F1S via the EIDE<->SCSI converter with no problems for a couple months now. A few days ago I switched over to IDE (so, its a CRW-F1E again) and did a fresh install of XP Pro, SP1, the latest XP patches (there were 12 as of yesterday), on my new Epox 8RDA+ (so, also got the latest nForce2 unified drivers, including the nForce 2 IDE drivers.) Plus Nero 55107 and InCD 35191. And ofcourse the af110f_e firmware for the Yamaha.

As soon as InCD starts the machine resets. [xx(] Nero works fine with the drive, so its only an InCD problem.

I tried using the "special" version of InCD from the Yamaha support site (3381_Y) but that didn't help. I tried uninstalling the nForce2 unified drivers (including the IDE drivers) and that didn't help either.

Windows XP doesn't handle the CRW-F1 well either (essentially it doesn't work at all in packet mode) but I think thats probably normal. However I get the feeling that this is not an InCD problem, but a problem with the CRW-F1 and the OS.

Does anyone have any ideas? I guess I can install my SCSI card again (an AHA2940U2W) just to use the CRW-F1, but thats kind of a waste of a SCSI card.

I will also try downgrading to the older firware (af110d_e) and see if that works. [?]

Thanks,

-Z
Post #: 1
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 2/2/2003 3:34:08 AM   
Zn0rt

So here's the deal: downgrading to 1D didn't make a difference.

I went back to running it with the SCSI converter: it works fine again. So there's definately something broken with the IDE side of things, between the CRW-F1E, XP Pro, nForce2, and InCD.

Hmmmm....

[:(!]

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 2
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 2/2/2003 12:31:36 PM   
titomax82

Hey ZnOrt, please look at this:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8744

thanx

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 3
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 2/2/2003 1:52:28 PM   
Zn0rt

Hi Titomax82,

Heh, I should do some benchmarking and see if I notice any CPU load differences between the CRW-F1E and F1S (with SCSI converter)... I'll try that later.

Right now though I have found an incompatibility between nForce2 and the CRW-1FE! [:0] I've already written about the problems I've had with the F1E on my Epox 8RDA+, so today I tried the F1E on my other box (Abit KT7 Raid (Via 686A), Win XP Pro SP1, latest patches, using IDE2 (so _not_ the RAID IDE controller)). IT WORKS FINE.

This same drive, when I put it in my Epox 8RDA+ box causes a reboot as soon as InCD starts, but works fine on an Abit KT7 RAID. Exact same version of Windows XP Pro, same version of InCD.

Whats the best (read: fastest) way to get help from Yamaha? [?]

Thanks.

-Z

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 4
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 2/2/2003 2:57:11 PM   
titomax82

Try these (both, even if I did this friday and still no answer):

mailto:CDRTech@yamaha.com?subject=CD-RW Support

and

http://www.yamaha-service.de/forms/servicegroup5/1-support-bedienung-e.php?lang=e&servicegroup=5

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 5
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 2/2/2003 3:05:15 PM   
sambs0

"This same drive, when I put it in my Epox 8RDA+ box causes a reboot as soon as InCD starts..."

Pardon me, why do you conclude that the InCD has a problem with the CDRW drive?! I've noticed a couple of years ago yet that the re-writing software (Adaptec Direct CD, InCD etc.) causes system instability and conflicts with other software. Probably, OS support for re-writing software is not that mature yet.

There are a lot of posts, on this forum as well, about such the issue. And it is recommended to use, if at all, any packet writing programs only as needed. At the very least, you should block automatic start of these programs.

If your system immediately reboots, disable this from Safe Mode, MSConfig. Even if you are at all not able to use the InCD portion of the Nero package, it's no big deal!

"Right now though I have found an incompatibility between nForce2 and the CRW-1FE!"

Again, are you talking about conflict with the drive F1, as a hardware, or with the InCD or something else? I don't think the Yamaha has something to do with your video driver!

Anyway, could you please clarify that?

When intellectual values trashed, not me who gets over.
Am I obligated to mark broken environment?
2003-09-18. Time to depart the board...

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 6
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 2/2/2003 7:24:50 PM   
Zn0rt

CONFIRMED: InCD / nForce2 IDE drivers incompatibility [}:)]

HARDWARE:

Epox 8RDA+, BIOS 8RDA3117
CRW-F1E, firmware 1.0f
Windows XP Pro SP1
nVidia Windows 2000/XP nForce drivers 2.0
InCD 35191
[Other hardware, incase ya wanna know: AMD AthlonXP 1800MHz ("2200+"), 1GB of Corsair DDR333, IBM IC35L180AVV207-1 (180GXP), Philips PSC706 AccousticEdge, Afreey CD2056 (56X CDROM))]

TEST METHODOLOGY:

- Fresh install of XP (barebones: no SP, no patches, no other drivers, no software.) Installed InCD. TEST: OK - InCD functioned and wrote the CRW-F1.

- Installed SP1. TEST: OK - InCD functioned and wrote the CRW-F1.

- Installed nVidia Windows 2000/XP nForce drivers 2.0, chose "NO" when asked to install the nForce2 IDE SW drivers. TEST: OK - InCD functioned and wrote the CRW-F1.

- Installed nVidia Windows 2000/XP nForce drivers 2.0, chose "YES" when asked to install the nForce2 IDE SW drivers. TEST: FAILED - as soon as InCD is loaded on reboot the system resets. No bluescreen, just an immediate reset, as if you pressed the reset button.

- Booted in safemode and stopped InCD from loading automatically. Rebooted. Started InCD manually. TEST: FAILED - instant system reset.

- Removed the nForce 2 IDE SW drivers (replaced with standard 2-channel IDE drivers from Microsoft.) TEST: OK - InCD functioned and wrote the CRW-F1.

CONCLUSION: Those nForce 2 IDE drivers are compatible with InCD, or the otherway around. [xx(]

I've written to Ahead and nVidia... will let ya know what they say.

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 7
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 2/6/2003 10:50:08 AM   
titomax82

Hi Zn0rt,
have you done the tests you promised?

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 8
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 2/7/2003 2:41:17 AM   
MP3Mogul

Strange,

I have the same card, SAME drivers, and I do not have this problem. Perhaps this is a BIOS or Motherboard problem. I have been using them without ANY problems to report at all..... very very strange.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 9
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 4/19/2003 7:05:31 PM   
BEtzkorn

Hello!
I have the same problem with an Abit NF7-M (nForce 2) LG ATAPI combo-drive.

As soon as InCD loads the computer restarts after a bluescreen with a stop-message "IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL".

I have found no topic in the net about this problem (except in the forum here).

Does anybody know help (With installed nForce IDE-driver)

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 10
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 4/20/2003 7:27:16 AM   
sambs0

Probably you wanted to say "New-York" but said "Paris".

Here is the search results on "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" through out the M$ Knowledge Base @WinXP:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&withinResults=&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Product=winxp&Queryc=IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL&Query=IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL&KeywordType=ANY&maxResults=50&Titles=false&numDays= .

On my older machine, upon a chance I happened to get this type of STOP, too.

The M$ articles state that this type of error is associated with hardware drivers.

Now, let me ask, please: what's the necessity to load a program in a compatibility question (InCD, in this case) automatically with the Windows startup? When needed, you can launch the program manually. Chances it will behave are much higher, aren't they? If, however, it does not run even with manual launch, you have no choice but to avoid using it altogether.

Not necessarily you'll be able to do anything decisive about it... But you can give a reasonable shot!

When intellectual values trashed, not me who gets over.
Am I obligated to mark broken environment?
2003-09-18. Time to depart the board...

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 11
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 4/30/2003 11:09:27 AM   
FortiesMan

For your info. I also have this problem. Using an EPOX 8RDA+, Athlon XP2400+, WindowsXP home, 1 GByte RAM, three big HDD's, and an old RICOH (MP9060 V1.90) DVD/CD-RW combo, and a new ASUS (CRW-5224A V1.1) CD-RW. And it also happens using an older LG CD-RW. I guess it's what you say, some kind of nForce2 driver problem. Thanks, there's another guy on a different thread wih this so I'll mention it to him. Perhaps Roxio's DirectCD packet writer will work if InCD won't. I'l have to try it. [|)]

Always state the obvious.

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 12
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 4/30/2003 1:10:16 PM   
MP3Mogul

Well, still using mine with nforce drivers, no problems. Maybe I'm just lucky.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Zn0rt)
Post #: 13
RE: CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot - 8/26/2004 2:47:53 AM   
GnomDK

I have now had the same kind of problems with my F1E for about a year. Sometimes when i reinstall it crashes right when i start Nero, and other times it first crashes after i burn a couple CDs.

My specs are:
Asus P800 Delux
P4 2.4 GHz HT
1GB Ram
2 x 120 GB Seagate SATA disks in RAID
GeForce TI-4200

I have a feeling it could be because of the RAID, because befor i got it there was never any problems, next thing im going to try is to move my F1E away from Primary Master IDE.

Have any of you found a solution, then i would be more then happy, its really starting to get annoying.

My computer also has a problem with random restarting, no idea whats causing that. I just know with SP2 for WinXP my computer crashes alot more, especialy with nero.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> CRW-F1E + XP + InCD = reboot Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI