CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Newbee Questions   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 798 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Newbee Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbee Questions - 11/2/2004 4:16:57 PM   
donziehm

I just purchased a JVC DR-M10 DVD recorder and have a few questions pertaining to DVD disk speeds and recorder compatibility.

I burned my first VHS to DVD disk with this recorder with absolutely no problems. I used some cheapo Office Depot 2X DVD-RW media which turned out to be Ritecs. I finalized on the DR-M10 drive and then copied this DVD-RW disk to Verbatim 4X DigitalMovie DVD-R disk using Nero disk copy on my NEC 3500A PC drive. Nero burned these 4X Verbatims at 8X using the NEC drive.

I then tested the Verbatim disk on both my PC and on the DR-M10 and both played the 8X burned disk fine.

My question is if I other DVD players will have problems reading this 8X Verbatim burned disk? Is there any correlation to burn speed to play speed on these stand alone DVD players. Anty links to info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Newbee Questions - 11/3/2004 2:39:01 AM   
Iggy

Depends on the writng quality.

(in reply to donziehm)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbee Questions - 11/11/2004 1:58:55 AM   
leaglebob

You can google this issue but I think you will find "most" sites say that once a disk is burned and playable, it doesn't matter what the recording speed was. After that, regardless of speed used, NO DISK--even pressed ones---are readable by all players. You should find that Plus DVD disks seem to have a higher percentage of readability but again no guarantee.

I had one CD that would not play in the burner that made it but played just fine in my friends computer---so never throw a bad disk out. Somebody might be able to play it!

Haved fun.

(in reply to donziehm)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Newbee Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI