CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Transferring Files To Your Pocket PC Using Infrared!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1081 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Transferring Files To Your Pocket PC Using Infrared! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transferring Files To Your Pocket PC Using Infrared! - 10/26/2004 9:18:07 AM   
SiliconFreak

There are generally three ways to transfer files between your Pocket PC and your PC--ActiveSync, Bluetooth, and infrared (IrDA). ActiveSync is the fastest, so long as you have your ActiveSync cable with you. However, you may not have the cable with you when you are on the road. And so you are left with two options, Bluetooth and infrared. If you are one of those lucky chaps who own a Bluetooth-enabled Pocket PC, then you have one less cable to worry about, and Bluetooth really offers an efficient wireless solution. For the rest of us, we have to make do with what we have--our trusty old infrared port.

In this article, I will show you how to use infrared to perform ActiveSync with your Pocket PC. I will also demonstrate using infrared to quickly transfer files between your devices.

Read more...

Source : OReillyNet
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Transferring Files To Your Pocket PC Using Infrared! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI