CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Sequence Tools Accelerate Performance by 3x on Linux 64-Bit OS !!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 627 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Sequence Tools Accelerate Performance by 3x on Linux 64-Bit OS !! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sequence Tools Accelerate Performance by 3x on Linux 64... - 10/25/2004 5:09:17 PM   
SiliconFreak

Sequence Tools Accelerate Performance by 3x on Linux 64-Bit OS with AMD Opteron Processor; Capacity Increases to 50M Gates

Sequence Design today announced that the company's analysis, optimization and extraction tools that have ported to the 64-bit Linux operating system running on the AMD Opteron(TM) processor demonstrated a dramatic increase in speed and capacity on ASIC, as well as COT designs.

When run on AMD Opteron processor-based systems, CoolTime (power integrity analysis), PhysicalStudio (power and signal integrity optimization) and Columbus (the industry's most accurate RLC extractor) have all displayed performance increases greater than threefold when compared to traditional RISC-based systems. PowerTheater, the industry-standard RTL power management solution, has demonstrated up to fivefold increase in speed on the AMD Opteron processor-based platform.

"The AMD Opteron processor with Direct Connect Architecture provides next-generation performance as well as a flexible upgrade path from 32- to 64-bit computing," said Pat Patla, director, AMD's Server/Workstation Business, Microprocessor Business Unit, CPG. "With a single architecture designed to meet current and future business needs, the AMD Opteron processor can help to minimize the integration complexities presented by business environments today and in the future. Sequence's high-performance tools are displaying significant performance gains running on AMD Opteron processor-based servers and this is great news for designers."

"We have collaborated with Sequence for a number of years on their high-performance software and are not surprised by the results they are generating," said Fred James, EDA account manager at Sun. "Sun offers a complete new line of AMD Opteron processor-based servers and workstations that can give designers the performance levels Sequence has demonstrated. The dual-processor Sun Fire V20z Server and quad-processor V40z, both based on the AMD Opteron Processor, deliver high performance, reliability, and scalability in low-cost, rack-optimized form factors."

"Success or failure in the semiconductor design space is measured by the length of a design cycle," said Susheel Chandra, senior vice president of research and development at Sequence Design. "AMD Opteron processor-based systems offer designers screaming speed, as has been witnessed over the range of tools in our NanoCool power integrity flow. The quick and the accurate win the race to market and that's why the AMD Opteron processor for performance, and Sequence, for accuracy, are an ideal combination."

Source : AMDZone
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Sequence Tools Accelerate Performance by 3x on Linux 64-Bit OS !! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI