CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Epson Launches Pilot Production Of 300-mm HTPS Panels !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 993 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Epson Launches Pilot Production Of 300-mm HTPS Panels ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Epson Launches Pilot Production Of 300-mm HTPS Panels ! - 10/25/2004 5:06:10 PM   
T3TRISizer

Seiko Epson Corporation ("Epson") has launched pilot fabrication of state-of-the-art high-temperature polysilicon (HTPS) TFT liquid-crystal displays at its newly built plant in the Chitose Bibi World industrial complex in Hokkaido. The Chitose Plant, completed on July 22, 2004, will produce Epson's first 300-mm (12-inch) quartz-wafer HTPS displays, which will be used in 3LCD projectors.

The data projector market has been steadily expanding by 20% to 30% per year in response to increased projector use in business presentations and in the education sector. The spread of DVD players and digital broadcasts, meanwhile, has sparked burgeoning consumer demand for high-image-quality front projectors and large-screen LCD projection TVs for the home, especially in North America. (Refer to the attachment.)

To meet this robust demand, Epson has been setting up fabrication capabilities at and transporting equipment into the Chitose Plant to manufacture HTPS panels for 3LCD projection systems. Pilot runs have begun, as scheduled, in October.

Unlike Epson's Suwa Minami Plant, the new fabrication facility will produce HTPS panels on 300-mm quartz wafers - an Epson first - using state-of-the-art manufacturing technology. By dramatically shortening lead-time and bolstering quality-assurance processes, the plant will enable Epson to respond quickly and flexibly to customer demand.

In keeping with Epson's reputation as a leading environmental company, the plant features an eco-conscious design that achieves energy-efficient operations through energy-saving equipment and reduction of industrial waste thanks to reforms of the production process.

Volume production of 2,000 (300-mm) wafers per month is scheduled to begin in April 2005. Production volume will be increased gradually thereafter, being adjusted flexibly in accordance with market demand.

Epson has long led the projector market with its 3LCD projection system. As the liquid-crystal light valve industry's number one manufacturer, Epson maintained an approximately 55% share of the global market in fiscal year 2003 ended March 2004. Underpinning this strength is the company's propriety advanced liquid crystal and high-aperture-ratio technologies, which enable it to offer low-power-consuming HTPS panels providing unrivaled luminous efficacy, outstanding brightness, and superior color reproduction.

In addition to developing new, market-leading products, Epson will continue to fully address market needs by building solid production bases and swiftly launching volume production while paying due heed to safety requirements.

Source : PsyOrg
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Epson Launches Pilot Production Of 300-mm HTPS Panels ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI