CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Peeping Tom Filter Lets Phones See Through Bikinis !!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 850 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Peeping Tom Filter Lets Phones See Through Bikinis !! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Peeping Tom Filter Lets Phones See Through Bikinis !! - 10/25/2004 4:13:56 PM   
SiliconFreak

A phone that lets you see through clothes is the stuff of teenage boys' dreams - and now it's a reality in Japan.

A third party developer in Tokyo, Yamada Denshi, has developed an add-on to Vodafone handsets, intended to be used as a night filter to allow Big Red's customers to take pictures with their phones in the dark.

Unfortunately, the night vision camera has an unexpected side effect - in the right circumstances, it allows users to see a lot more than they bargained for.

As well as taking snaps in the dark, the Yamada Denshi infrared filter sees through people's clothes.

The problem arises because the filter uses the distribution of heat to create its pictures. When attached to a high-end camera, the filter can see though all manner of garments and is reportedly particularly effective on dark bikinis.

The handset most often used with the £100 filter - the V602-SH - is only available in Japan.

A Vodafone spokeswoman confirmed the peeping Tom accessory isn't a problem in the UK. She added that Yamada Denshi is a third party supplier, Vodafone's control is limited. "They are not an approved third party," she said.

"We would never go to market with a phone with any kind of capacity to see people naked."

Camera phone technology has long prompted fears of voyeurism, leading several gyms - and even some Scottish schools - to ban picture phones in case they were used to take inappropriate pictures.

Voyeurism with camera phones became such a problem in South Korea that the government legislated the phones must make a noise when pictures are taken.

Source : Silicon.com
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Peeping Tom Filter Lets Phones See Through Bikinis !! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI