CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Such thing as an "all-speed" CD-R?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 783 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Such thing as an "all-speed" CD-R? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Such thing as an "all-speed" CD-R? - 1/21/2003 7:56:10 PM   
jhidenfelter

Hi, I've come across these cds that claim to be "all-speed" compatible. They can be found at http://www.harmonyusa.com/. I have seen them in Media Play for about $18 for a 50 pack of the gold CD-Rs, which also came with a carrying case. Seems too good to be true to me. I just bought a 52x burner and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these particular CDs.
Post #: 1
RE: Such thing as an "all-speed" CD-R? - 1/21/2003 11:28:32 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

all speed is a dangerous claim, for ANY CD-R! since most CD-Rs don't burn very well at 1x or 2x anymore! not to mention whether the staement will remain true with new technologies and speeds coming out in the future (though this may no longer really be an issue).

I would recommend Maxell 40x CD-Rs, as they performed VERY well during my testing. Unless you can find out WHO makes these Harmony CD-Rs and make sure it's a manufacturer of good reputation, I wouldn't go for them. Find some good 48x compatible CD-Rs that you KNOW are good, and see if you can push them to 52x

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to jhidenfelter)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Such thing as an "all-speed" CD-R? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI