CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

burning programs won't recognize burner!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 513 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> burning programs won't recognize burner! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
burning programs won't recognize burner! - 1/20/2003 4:27:25 PM   
topper1969

Hi,

I'm fairly new to burning CDs and am having some trouble. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm running Win 98 SE and have a HP CD Writer + 8100 burner. I have the burner as the seconday channel master. My hard drive is the master primary channel, and my CD Rom is the slave primary channel.

I want to be able to use a piece of software that will burn audio CDs, and I want to create photo slideshow VCDs.

I had Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 installed and could burn CDs successfully most of the time. This program recognizes my burner and my CD rom and I could copy from disc to disc. The slideshow portion of this program doesn't do what I want it to do however, so I started looking into other programs.

I bough Uleads DVD Picture Show 2. I put my slideshow together, then when I got to the part where I would burn the VCD, the program wouldn't recognize that I had a CD burner. I read all the FAQs and troubleshooting on the Ulead site, and emailed tech support. They finally replied 4 days later saying they didn't have an answer and needed more time. There are lots of other people who have complained on their web board that the program doesn't recognize their burner. Wish I would have read that before I bought the program.

I uninstalled that program and then downloaded a trial of NTI CD Maker 6 Platinum. It also doesn't recognize my burner. I found this out as soon as I started up the program when it said "no supported drive". I then read all the FAQs and changed my drive settings (Master, slave etc) to match what they recommended. They also claimed that Microsoft Media Player might have a conflict, so I uninstalled that. No luck.

Windows recognizes both the burner and my CD Rom and both the Ulead program and the NTI program claim they work with Win 98 SE and my Cd burner.

Does anyone have any ideas on anything I can do to get this working. It seems like a fairly simple objective, but I've been working on this for weeks and can't seem to get it going.

Thanks for any help anyone can give,

Todd
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> burning programs won't recognize burner! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI