CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Yahoo! Profits! Triple!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1385 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Yahoo! Profits! Triple! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yahoo! Profits! Triple! - 10/13/2004 7:59:24 AM   
SiliconFreak

Yahoo! made its sixth consecutive quarter of record revenue in the third quarter ended 30 September 2004. Revenues were $907m, up 154 per cent on the same period a year ago. Operating income for the three months was $172m, up 106 per cent on last year.

Net income for the third quarter was $253m, boosted by $129m brought in by the sale of part of Yahoo!'s stake in Google. The firm is widely seen as a bellwether for the health of internet firms - although this position is under threat from Google, which reports later this month.

Terry Semel, chairman and chief executive of Yahoo!, said: "Yahoo! began to demonstrate the next stage in the Company's evolution in the third quarter, and in doing so recorded its sixth consecutive quarter of record revenue."

Yahoo! remains optimistic for the full financial year, it predicts revenues for the fourth quarter to be as high as $760m, higher than analysts expected. Shares rose slightly on the forecast.

You can download the full results here

Yahoo! also announced that Pierre Chappaz and Dominique Vidal have been appointed to lead its consumer internet operations in Europe. Chappaz is the new President of Yahoo! Europe, and Vidal is now Yahoo! Europe Chief Operating Officer.

Source : TheRegister
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Yahoo! Profits! Triple! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI