CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

how can i backup an audio-cd not playable in pcs?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 771 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> how can i backup an audio-cd not playable in pcs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how can i backup an audio-cd not playable in pcs? - 10/10/2001 11:57:06 AM   
capmusicx

there's this new copy-protection with audio-cds which are not playable in computers. you can backup them with cloneCD but then there's no sound. i also tried with an image first.
has anyone an idea how to backup these?

Post #: 1
RE: how can i backup an audio-cd not playable in pcs? - 10/10/2001 2:58:11 PM   
rjw

Here are 2 sollutions
1 If you want to rip it try cdrwin with sector mode and a plextor drive if you use a plexwriter 24/10/40A than better use TLA#0000. I am still not shure if the others can do it or not. But the TLA#0000 does.

If this doesn't work. then go to option 2. (If it is not working the protection could be Easy Audio Lock whith dissimulator. This is not a protection used by audio firms yet.)

Since that's the only protection I have encountered and couldn't rip with plextor drives at this moment.

2 Use a CD player with Digital out and a Soundcard with digital in. This last thing will allways work as long as your cd player can read it. My philips Discman does. It uses much battery power but it can read every cd you throw at it.
Now use some program like soundforge or wavelab and here you go a perfect digital rip. Since 1 is 1 and 0 is 0 and SCMS protection is ignored.

Extra option which might work
3 You can also try the edited CDFS.VXD which you could find on the net if not then mail me. This little thing can solve some problems on most drives. This version will let your cd music files show up as waves and you could directly drag and drop them under windows.

Option 2 will always work with a good cd player but it is slow so better try the others first.

(in reply to capmusicx)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> how can i backup an audio-cd not playable in pcs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI