CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 858 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/26/2002 8:59:22 PM   
Warb

excuse me i'm new to this.
i dont know wether i'm having the same problem.
I have a liteon 16x10x40 and when i try to read from my burner,to create an image file ,every time i insert the disc after a few seconds ,the draw opens! How can i fix this

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 17
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/27/2002 3:19:39 AM   
pmcx9

I edited my post with some new info. Hope it helps peeps

@Warb - what software are you using? does the liteon get detected at bootup OK? What CD are you trying to get an image of? Its not a DVD is it?

@MrTitanium - You forgot the sulphate of iron and heating gently over a bunsen burner!!! LOL

It would be interesting to see what motherboards peeps are using. Like I said b4 my bad experiences are only with ABIT. I build all my customers PC's with ECS K7s5a now and it has no problem with the Liteon.

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 18
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/27/2002 4:33:59 AM   
Warb

I'm using clonecd and clony.No its not a dvd,and my burner does get detected at start up.I'm just trying to make some back ups of my games,robotwars,undying,cmr2,gta2, etc etc.
Ive been told that you cant copy games on the fly,using clonecd,its better to create an image file,and then burn that to the cd-r.I can create an image file if i use my dvd drive,and then try to burn to my writer,but i dont think this works.
Basically if i stick the game ,any game in my burner,after a few seconds the drawer opens!!.I did install the latest firmware(R16TSOW)........will i ever get this working..

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 19
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/27/2002 5:04:15 AM   
Warb

Sorry that firmware was OS0F

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 20
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/27/2002 5:07:46 PM   
bosco777

Just in case someone is keeping track of how many people have the door opening problem, put me on the list. I haven't tried the fix listed yet because I am at work. I am going to try it when I get home. I have the 16102B. I have an Epox MB, but the drive was originally on an Abit BH-6 motherboard. So maybe the ABIT motherboard had something to do with it.

Bosco

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 21
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/27/2002 6:22:44 PM   
Warb

tried it and guess what?
it doesnt work(for me anyway).
I have a pcchips mobo,amd duron 1ghz,256 ram.
1.put cd in
2.cd comes out
3.put cd in
4.cd comes out
5.go to 1.

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 22
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/28/2002 4:05:37 PM   
pmcx9

@warb

The problem that I have solved is the drawer staying open!

Yours is ejecting after CD's are put in meaning IT don't like the CD.

Are they copies? Is OS WinXP? Are u using latest CloneCD? Have you diabled Imapi in services in XP if you use it? You should!

Does the LiteOn read any CD's at all? Or is it just blanks it spits out? What brand of blank media are you using?

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 23
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/28/2002 5:41:37 PM   
Warb

hi pmcx9,i appreciate very much your knowledge on this problem.
Just to clarify ,I am using windows me,latest clone cd,the cd's i am inserting are not copies they are the retail versions.
I have noticed that a lot of people have got the same problem as me,which is that when you insert a cd with any kind of media on it ,it ejects after about 5 secs.Sorry if i misunderstood that your fix was for draw staying open.I'm pretty certain that this problem only started when i updated the firmware to os0f.So you reckon that my burner doesnt like the cd's.........I dont know what to do!!

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 24
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/28/2002 8:00:47 PM   
sniper

hiyall,
I have exactly the same problem as warb.ie any cd with data which is inserted spins round for a sec.or 2 then tray spits it out.
I have the same mobo. as well (ie pcchips). I tried every combination under the sun with the ide setups.(ie master/slave on port 1 and 2) with no success. I tried all the ideas posted on this board ie disconnect cables and power supplys,etc. also with no success. I ended up sending back to store of purchase who said they found nothing wrong. By pure fluke I found it works only if the pc is turned right off ,wait a few secs. then turn it on and it comes good. It"s totally got me tossed what"s going on but all I know is when I turn the pc on for the first time of the day cd"s are ejected, I turn it off for 4 sec.,turn it on and it"s ok. I"m bloody sure the damn things possessed.

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 25
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/29/2002 1:12:44 PM   
northernmonkey

I just had the same problem,

I'm running :

Abit KR7A Raid mobo
AMD Athlon 1700XP
256mb ddr 2100 Crucial
Inno3d Geforce 2 64mb 400m
2 x 60GB IBM Deskstars 7200rpm
Soundblaster Live 5.1 & DTT2200
Plex PX-W1610TA writer
Lite-on 2410 writer

The draw strated opening on its own when I plugged in a spare 10gb fujutsi hard drive to take some data of it, I though I was doing the fix as described in the 1st post but it wouldnt work (naybe i read it wrong) anyway after a bit of fiddling its ok again now

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 26
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/30/2002 4:24:05 AM   
pmcx9

@sniper & warb

I have never had the problem you both describe so I haven't researched it but I use the ECS K7s5a mobo in system builds at the moment. I believe this is the same board as the PC Chips board you both are using. I think ECS own PC Chips. I haven't come accross this problem!

I was gonna suggest changing the firmware in the writer but with snipers comments about powering down and back up solving his problem I suspect our problems may be related.

I always set my LiteOn's up as a secondary slave using the middle of the ide cable to connect with nothing as master.

@northernmonkey. (Taken from Snatch I presume - LOL)

Just a tip you may already know- If you are transferring data between drives try having them on seperate controllers with nothing else attached for optimum speed transfer. When you are moving 30gig of movies around you need to do this believe me!

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 27
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/30/2002 6:04:02 AM   
Warb

i honestly think that my problems all started when i updated the firmware to os0f from os0e,can u downgarde!

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 28
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/30/2002 6:05:01 AM   
Warb

downgrade that is!

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 29
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/30/2002 4:25:38 PM   
sniper

pmcx9 ,I have already upgraded to the latest firmware.With the original firmware the burner would work maybe 6 times out of 8. At least with the newer firmware now I know all the pc needs is a cold boot to start the burner working every time.Also your comment re:
"I always set my LiteOn's up as a secondary slave using the middle of the ide cable to connect with nothing as master." Isn"t the middle of the cable supposed to be hooked to a master device ?

Edited by - sniper on 01/30/2002 16:26:45

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 30
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/31/2002 7:50:31 AM   
pgroves

Since upgrading from Win2K to WinXP (clean install) I've had numerous problems with my Liteon 16102B drive, including the tray ejecting thing happening when booting and other occassions. Also almost everytime I try to copy a CD (data or audio) it fails after a few minutes with a write error. It worked fine under WIn2K. I have the latest firmware and version of Nero. Here's my setup:

Gigabyte 7-DXR motherboard
Athlon XP 1800 CPU
512Mb DDR Ram
Liteon 16102B CD-Writer
Pioneer 106S DVD
Maxtor DiamondPlus 60 30Gb harddisk
Asus 7100 Pure Geforce MX 400 Graphics card

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 31
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/31/2002 12:43:41 PM   
Warb

listen up.......just got an e-mail back from liteon,they said that my system must have interrupted when i was updating the firmware,thats y my draw keeps opening when i put cd's in.They said if problem continues,take it back to my dealer and get a new one.

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI