CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

anyone know anything about Tevion?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 832 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> anyone know anything about Tevion? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
anyone know anything about Tevion? - 9/25/2004 12:44:14 PM   
sion

Just recently bought a Tevion 3215 combo vcr/dvd player. It works fine and the price was right. However, there are two things I dont like about it and wonder if there is a way to hack/mod unit or upgrade/mod the firmware in order to change to what I want.

1. the vcr will NOT record from dvd. this is by design on the unit (and it wouldnt surprise me if that was an industry-wide choice, under pressure from the Hollywood moguls). anyway, if you push record while a dvd is playing it will give an error symbol and refuse to record. can this be changed?

2. more importantly to me is the fact that the dvd player will NOT play scvd's. it recognizes and plays vcd's just fine, but not the svcd. since I dont want to have to convert nearly a hundred svcds into vcds, is there a way I can mod the unit to play the scvds?

finally, I spent 2 hours last night trying to find a website for Tevion, or find out what company actually manufactured the player. no dice. anyone know, or know where I can find out? the only thing I know for sure is that Tevion is a brand name owned by Aldi's, a discount, bag your own grocery chain US and UK. Im sure they are buying these units and rebadging them (as opposed to making em themselves).

thanks for any help/info anyone can give.

< Message edited by sion -- 9/25/2004 12:45:10 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> anyone know anything about Tevion? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI