CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Can't burn or copy to Sony crx 140e   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 547 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Can't burn or copy to Sony crx 140e Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't burn or copy to Sony crx 140e - 12/23/2002 1:47:01 AM   
labbit2002

I bought and installed a new hard drive. It is an IBM 40 Gig. Ever since then , my burner has not worked properly. I can read from it but I can not burn or copy and paste to it. I am using windows 98. My computer is a pentium 2 366. I have tried roxio and nero but no luck.
I don't know if the problen is because of my harddrive or not. Another strange thing is that my computer will only recognize 31.4 gigs of the 40 gigs. If anyone can help me or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Can't burn or copy to Sony crx 140e - 12/27/2002 7:20:36 AM   
Michael Lee

Older computer has compatibilty problem, often they don't recognized hard drives older larger than 30G. You can go to the computer manufacturer or motherboard maker's website to download an updated bios for your motherboard to fix this problem. Or, you can go to the IBM website to download a partitioning software, Disk Manager. The Disk Manager will insert a driver ibto your computer to make it recognizedas a 40G hard drive.

The fastest computer is not necessary a good running computer.

(in reply to labbit2002)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't burn or copy to Sony crx 140e - 12/27/2002 7:27:08 AM   
Michael Lee

There is no reason why your burner won't work in the newly formatted hard drive. If your computer recognizes the HD as a 40G, you have to reformat it. By then you problem should clear up. Make sure that you have the newest version of Nero or Roxio ready when you reinstall Windows. Nero and Roxio can't coexist in the same Windows because of conflicts beween Direct CD and Incd. I recommend you just use only one of the two. I prefer Nero.

The fastest computer is not necessary a good running computer.

(in reply to labbit2002)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Can't burn or copy to Sony crx 140e Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI