CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Yamaha F1 or Plextor 4824TA   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 426 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha F1 or Plextor 4824TA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yamaha F1 or Plextor 4824TA - 12/22/2002 2:19:29 PM   
neghab2k2

I have some questions:

1- what's the tray load mechanism of YAMAHA? it uses belt or a gear mechanism?

2- what's the MTBF of YAMAHA F1?

3- In reviews I noticed that YAMAHA F1 has problem reading scratched or low quality CDs. how it compares to Plextor and which CD-RW is the best one in reading these types of media?

4- which CD-RW all around is the best in quality of writing and reading low quality and protected CDs? most of cd-roms or cd-rws have some problem with reading scratched cds.

Post #: 1
RE: Yamaha F1 or Plextor 4824TA - 12/23/2002 2:27:59 AM   
Clint

quote:
Originally posted by neghab2k2

I have some questions:

1- what's the tray load mechanism of YAMAHA? it uses belt or a gear mechanism?

2- what's the MTBF of YAMAHA F1?

3- In reviews I noticed that YAMAHA F1 has problem reading scratched or low quality CDs. how it compares to Plextor and which CD-RW is the best one in reading these types of media?

4- which CD-RW all around is the best in quality of writing and reading low quality and protected CDs? most of cd-roms or cd-rws have some problem with reading scratched cds.

1.) Gear for the external, I presume the internal would be identical.

2.) Doesn't matter...

3.) About the same as Plextor. The best are the early model TEAC's which probably aren't avaliable or hard to find now.

4.) Plextor PX-W4824A when used with the right media. Although Yamaha has similar performance in reading protected CD's, but the Plextor seems to have the edge on writing quality closely followed by the CRW-F1 series.

(in reply to neghab2k2)
Post #: 2
RE: Yamaha F1 or Plextor 4824TA - 12/23/2002 2:12:39 PM   
neghab2k2

Thanks, Then you recommend buying Plextor 4824a?

I have another question. one of my friends told me that Plextor 4824u has a gear mechanism but internal model has belt mechanism, is it maybe true with YAMAHA F1?

on the other hand I heard that Plextor built prior to October has a defect that some media vibrate and make loud noise. I want to know that this defect has been solved with new built or not?

(in reply to neghab2k2)
Post #: 3
RE: Yamaha F1 or Plextor 4824TA - 12/24/2002 2:39:28 AM   
Laffin Assassin

If you like waiting for paint to dry the Plextor is the one to go for the Lead in and Lead out writting takes for ever !!!
Their is no noticeable difference between the the Yamaha F1 and the Plextor 48x as far as the Quality goes but the Yamaha will do a lot more are faster than the Plextor I have got both and I prefer the F1 but in the end the choice is down to you !!!
I hope this helps !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to neghab2k2)
Post #: 4
RE: Yamaha F1 or Plextor 4824TA - 12/30/2002 3:14:14 AM   
Hix

it has a gear tray loading mechanism..i have this writer...and i'm very pleased at the writing part.But i have some cd's that aren't read by the yamaha ...strange..

YAAA MAAAAAA HAAAAAAA

(in reply to neghab2k2)
Post #: 5
RE: Yamaha F1 or Plextor 4824TA - 12/30/2002 4:00:09 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Yes but as I have already said in your other post I think it is down to the Media and not the Yamaha !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to neghab2k2)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha F1 or Plextor 4824TA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI