CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

TY media   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1078 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> TY media Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TY media - 9/19/2004 9:33:50 AM   
SilentBob

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me where to get TY media in Canada. I know that Fuji discs are often made by TY but I want to be 100% sure I am going to get what I want. I will be using the discs with a NEC 3500 burner. Also, recommendations on other media brands that work well with this burner would be appreciated. TY is my first choice, but I am willing to try others. The discs will be used to make backups of some DIVX files, backup some of my old dvds which are badly scratched and for some data backups. I am thinking of going with -R for compatibility with both of my standalone players but +R for data backups.

Suggestions/recommendations/ideas appeciated.

Silent Bob
NEC3500A 2C8
LG4120B A111
Post #: 1
[Deleted] - 9/19/2004 5:23:42 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to SilentBob)
  Post #: 2
RE: TY media - 9/20/2004 12:43:30 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

The best in place in Canada to get Taiyo Yuden DVDRs currently is pretty much hands down NCIX.com

8x Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs @NCIX.com

They have Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-Rs on regularily, 100pcs for $70.95, and are likely going to be going on sale on September 23rd.

In the future www.blankmedia.ca might get some in at a good price too, but so far they seem to still be focusing on 4x Taiyo Yuden media only.

Maxell 8x still isn't available in Canada, and Verbatim 8x DVD+Rs are *JUST* starting to become available. TDK is practically a lost cause in my area at least... but Prodisc should be available through www.blankmedia.ca most of the time. CMC 8x DVDRs will probably be popping up more as Memorex 8x media becomes available.

Hope that helps!!

< Message edited by Dolphinius_Rex -- 9/20/2004 3:26:40 PM >

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 3
[Deleted] - 9/20/2004 1:41:29 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
  Post #: 4
RE: TY media - 9/20/2004 7:30:13 AM   
SilentBob

Great info, thanks for the tips.

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 5
RE: TY media - 9/20/2004 9:26:57 AM   
SilentBob

Hey Minos, I noticed that Ritek is not on your list, do they not work that well with the 3500. After looking on the site Dolphin mentioned I saw that they are selling Ritek G05 at 50 discs for $40... seems like a pretty good deal. Any thoughts there?
Didn't see any TY 8x on the site at all, that is why I am asking about the Ritek.

< Message edited by SilentBob -- 9/20/2004 9:31:39 AM >

(in reply to SilentBob)
Post #: 6
[Deleted] - 9/20/2004 10:35:54 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to SilentBob)
  Post #: 7
RE: TY media - 9/20/2004 3:28:39 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

quote:

ORIGINAL: SilentBob

Hey Minos, I noticed that Ritek is not on your list, do they not work that well with the 3500. After looking on the site Dolphin mentioned I saw that they are selling Ritek G05 at 50 discs for $40... seems like a pretty good deal. Any thoughts there?
Didn't see any TY 8x on the site at all, that is why I am asking about the Ritek.

Try the first link in my above post again... it was a little long for the auto formatting, so I had to format it manually to appear as a link. It should work now

@Minos: What can I say? I enjoy what I do

(in reply to SilentBob)
Post #: 8
RE: TY media - 9/20/2004 5:25:31 PM   
SilentBob

Thanks Dolphinius, the link works for me now. They are still a little pricey but I guess you get what you pay for.

Post #: 9
RE: TY media - 9/21/2004 8:51:29 AM   
SilentBob

Dolphinius, I was wondering how blankmedia.ca is to deal with. Are their shipping times good and do their products always arrive as ordered, i.e., the proper media codes and such?

(in reply to SilentBob)
Post #: 10
RE: TY media - 9/21/2004 12:24:41 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

quote:

Dolphinius, I was wondering how blankmedia.ca is to deal with. Are their shipping times good and do their products always arrive as ordered, i.e., the proper media codes and such?

blankmedia.ca is REALLY friendly, I would have to say that they are the nicest vendor I've ever dealt with. They ship all their stuff via Canada post, so shipping times are a bit slow, but are about as cheap as you can find. As for media codes, if you ask them for confirmation of the media code, and tell them you want discs with THAT media code, they will do their best to help you. The only time they really have a problem with media codes is when a brand (like Arita for example) changes from one code to another (like RICOHJPN01 to RITEKR02 for example...).

As for Taiyo Yuden at NCIX.com, they will be in stock soon, and will deffinatly be on sale this thursday (just got confirmation last night!)

(in reply to SilentBob)
Post #: 11
RE: TY media - 9/22/2004 5:34:05 AM   
reva

I have a rookie question: The information of media manufacturer can be fake?
Beacause i've got some Datace cd's (www.datace.com) at 0.3$/pcs, and it seems to be too cheap for a TY cd. (The CDRidentifier displays Taiyo Yuden ltd).
Datace cd's are made in China.
Thanks.

Post #: 12
RE: TY media - 9/22/2004 10:13:02 AM   
SilentBob

Dolphinus, got another question for ya.

quote:

They have Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-Rs on regularily, 100pcs for $70.95, and are likely going to be going on sale on September 23rd.

I think you meant 50 Disc spindles right... if not I'll buy 10 :)

(in reply to reva)
Post #: 13
RE: TY media - 9/22/2004 10:45:10 AM   
RickTheRed

I am also using blankmedia.ca. Never have any problem so far. Their TY are more expensive (80$ for 50) than NCIX but they are IJPrintable. NCIX does not seem to offer printable DVDs.
BTW, Ritek G04 are cheaper at blankmedia.

(in reply to SilentBob)
Post #: 14
RE: TY media - 9/22/2004 10:57:52 AM   
RickTheRed

Forget my last post.
NCIX is a weird site or I am very stupid.
When you select media, there is no printable dvds there. I did a search with printable and they have a few in stock. No ijp TY but they have imation, Maxell and Verbatim.

(in reply to RickTheRed)
Post #: 15
RE: TY media - 9/22/2004 3:31:36 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

quote:

Dolphinus, got another question for ya.

quote:

I think you meant 50 Disc spindles right... if not I'll buy 10 :)

Oops! you're right, 50pc spindles.... yeah, I'd buy 10 spindles of 100pcs at that price too!

(in reply to SilentBob)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> TY media Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI