CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to span to multiple dics?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 722 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> How to span to multiple dics? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to span to multiple dics? - 12/17/2002 6:09:05 PM   
abrisebois

Hello,

I am looking for help on writing data to multiple CDs. I also need to be able to access data from these CDs without needing to restore the whole lot of them. Is there software like Nero or Roxio taht facilitates this?

Thanks for your help,

André Brisebois
Post #: 1
RE: How to span to multiple dics? - 12/18/2002 1:10:55 AM   
donziehm

The following applies to Win 98 which is my OS.

Any of the CD writer packages will allow you to create CDs. I have Nero and all you do is drag and drop, like you would do in Win Explorer, what you want from your hard drive or other device to the selection list. It automatically keeps track of what you selected and how much space is left on the CD. After completing your selections, you just burn the CD. Optionally, you can "test" burn it to see if every thing is OK.

To select files from an existing CD; just use Win Explorer to copy the file to whatever target destination/device you desire.

Now if you are refering to a single file that exceeds the size of an individual CD, then you have to subdivide the file into one of more files that do not exceed the size of one CD. The old DOS SLICE.EXE or the newer Win version, SLICE32.EXE programs will subdivide one file into as many files as you want. Then you use your CD Writer software to copy these split files from your hard drive and burn the CD.

You can download these SPLICE programs from the web.

(in reply to abrisebois)
Post #: 2
RE: How to span to multiple dics? - 12/18/2002 6:51:52 AM   
john

Symantec GHOST supports spanning to multiple discs

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to abrisebois)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> How to span to multiple dics? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI