CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft To Launch 'Symphony' Oct. 12 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 658 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft To Launch 'Symphony' Oct. 12 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft To Launch 'Symphony' Oct. 12 ! - 9/16/2004 6:25:03 AM   
WinThusiast

Microsoft is set to officially roll out Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, code-named Symphony, on October 12 at an event in Los Angeles. InfoWorld reports the introduction will be heralded by Chairman Bill Gates, with Microsoft partners Hewlett-Packard and Gateway expected to be in attendance.

The Symphony edition of Media Center entered testing this year, and reached the Beta 2 milestone in June. The update is slated to include support for more portable media players, wireless support with Media Center Extender, as well as DVD burning.

High definition television will be at the forefront of Symphony's feature set, with sources claiming Microsoft has set its sights on TiVo through advanced digital video recording.

Additionally, the first devices to utilize Media Center Extender from partners Gateway, HP and Samsung will likely make their debut at the Los Angeles festivities.

Source : BetaNews
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft To Launch 'Symphony' Oct. 12 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI