CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft Patch To Fix Security Flaws!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1581 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Patch To Fix Security Flaws! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft Patch To Fix Security Flaws! - 9/15/2004 2:22:33 PM   
WinThusiast

Microsoft Corp. announced Tuesday it has found a new security flaw with its Windows XP operating system and warned that an attacker could infiltrate other computers by persuading their owners to open a specialized graphics file.

The company released a patch to fix the flaw as well as a tool that allows users to scan their systems to see if they need it. Users who have already downloaded Microsoft's recent security update, Service Pack 2, are not affected.

The vulnerability affects people running Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, later versions of Office and some specialized applications, including Digital Image Pro and Visio 2002.

The flaw can only be exploited if the user is tricked into opening a specialized file or viewing a specially crafted image, Microsoft said.

On the Net:
Microsoft Security: http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx

Source : The Associated Press
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Patch To Fix Security Flaws! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI