CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft To Launch Virtual Server 2005 Next Week !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 981 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft To Launch Virtual Server 2005 Next Week ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft To Launch Virtual Server 2005 Next Week ! - 9/9/2004 7:51:06 AM   
WinThusiast

Microsoft will formally launch its long-awaited Virtual Server 2005 early next week, sources said.

The virtualization software, which Microsoft acquired from the former Connectix in February 2003, runs on Windows Server 2003 only but supports Windows NT and Windows 2000 workloads. It will compete with EMC's VMware and SW-Soft's Virtuozzo, which allow for server consolidation and simplified management of applications.

Microsoft released the beta version last February and Release Candidate 1 in June. Originally, the Redmond, Wash.-based company hoped to ship an enhanced server by the end of 2003 but delayed it to work out technical issues. The last targeted date for release was mid-2004.

"They're doing a low-level launch, district by district," said one source familiar with the company's plans. "This is largely being driven by customers who want this software now. Microsoft would prefer to hang and do a bigger launch, but they've been so late they want to do it now. "

Source : CRN
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft To Launch Virtual Server 2005 Next Week ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI