so...all the NEC3500 tests are finished, eh? ok...i have a few questions if you please:
1. is there any way to remove the 'rip-lock' (without using unoffical firmwire if possible)?
2. would you say it is better then the pioneer 108?
3. does it support bitsetting?
Ok, for your answers:
1. There is no rip-lock in 3500A since it can read at 16X maximum speed with no problem...
2. Wait for the review for a comparison
... for now, i can only say that NEC is surely faster, because of the CLV writing strategy the Pioneer uses...
3. Official firmwares allow only DL media booktype changes...