CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

"Illegal disc" using Nero & SOHW-832S   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 941 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> "Illegal disc" using Nero & SOHW-832S Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Illegal disc" using Nero & SOHW-832S - 9/4/2004 5:45:05 PM   
Quadzilla

Hi All,
I just installed an OEM SOHW-832S on my PC that's running Win 2k SP4. I first tried using DVDDecrypter to copy a DVD to an image then burn back to a blank DVD-R. The copy went fine but when I tried to burn the DVD I kept getting an error, it didn't give me a specific reason though, just a series of numbers. The drive would try to write for about 3 min. before giving the error but the transfer rate and bytes written would never change always staying at zero. It wasnt until the 3rd try that it displayed "Incompitable Format". It's writing something to the blanks (I think) because I can't use them again as there "not empty".

I then installed the Nero 6 that came with the burner and tried to do the same opration. Again, the copy went fine but I received an error that according to the log was for "Illegal disc", at least thats what it says on line #22 of the log. I've got the Lite-on set up as a slave to my LG CD RW w/DMA on. This is how I had the Benq DVD-rw that the Lite-on replaced setup w/out problems. I'm not sure what firmware is installed on the drive, any way of finding that out w/out removing drive? Would upgrading firmware fix this problem or is it something else? Any info's greatly appreciated! thanks.

Dan
Post #: 1
[Deleted] - 9/4/2004 6:49:27 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Quadzilla)
  Post #: 2
RE: "Illegal disc" using Nero & SOHW-832S - 9/4/2004 7:44:39 PM   
emperor

I suspect writing problem, try to upgrade to the latest firmware and try using branded media, at least this will eliminate the posibility of bad media/writing quality issue

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> "Illegal disc" using Nero & SOHW-832S Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI