CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: okok, make this simple for a noob.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 792 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: okok, make this simple for a noob. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: okok, make this simple for a noob. - 12/4/2002 2:22:10 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Can you please report that to John (and others) in the Hardware General Talking forum, under the topic CD Doctor. Thanks!

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to GizmoChubs)
Post #: 17
RE: okok, make this simple for a noob. - 12/4/2002 8:54:21 AM   
dazco

If i were you i'd copy all the imation CD's you've made over to better media. Imation are the oly CD-R's i've ever used that dies after a few months. They'd just stop playing (audio discs) or on data disc the files would get corrupt. I'd get some TY discs ! They seem to be the best i've used. Just look for fuji CD-R's with "made in japan" on the label. Bought some this weekend and the checked out as TY alright.

(in reply to GizmoChubs)
Post #: 18
RE: okok, make this simple for a noob. - 12/4/2002 10:46:37 AM   
rabbit

in case anyone is interested, taiyo yuden was one of the groups involved in developing CDR technology so i would assume they made quality media : ).

(in reply to GizmoChubs)
Post #: 19
RE: okok, make this simple for a noob. - 12/4/2002 11:13:12 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Rabbit: Actually, that's a little mis-leading. They were THE developer of the CD-R, Philips set the rules.

Actually, the Dye they use is (in some ways) inferior to that of Mitsui (and many other brands), however it is easier to write to, with quality. The downside is the original dye's lifespan isn't quite as long as Mitsui's Dye (please don't make me type the names of the dyes, they're long and hard to spell ) However, I believe Taiyo Yuden has a new "stabalized" version of their dye.

In any case, dye doesn't dictate everything. Taiyo Yuden is still on top

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to GizmoChubs)
Post #: 20
RE: okok, make this simple for a noob. - 12/6/2002 10:39:32 AM   
rjw

Ehh in fact all the other dye's are inferrior against Mitsui's own dye which is really good optimised. For that reason Mitsui's Pthalocyanine dye is sometimes named Advanced Pthalocyanine. If I am right the companny has exclusive rights for the optimised version named pthalocyanine.
And yes the Cyanine dye TY today uses is much improved and stabilized.

However the standard of cd-r's was set by Philips,Sony and TY. Sony seems to have little in the cd-r part but how big TY was in it isn't known. But it is known that the original cd-r licensce was with delivered by all 3 compannies.

(in reply to GizmoChubs)
Post #: 21
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: okok, make this simple for a noob. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI