CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

AVI to VCD SVCD DVD Converter 1.5.6!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 851 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> AVI to VCD SVCD DVD Converter 1.5.6! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AVI to VCD SVCD DVD Converter 1.5.6! - 8/30/2004 11:41:11 AM   
SiliconFreak

Publisher: Zealotsoft
License: Free to try; $19.00 to buy
Minimum requirements: Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server
Uninstaller included?: Yes
Limitations: Watermark on output

AVI to VCD SVCD DVD Converter is a powerful utility for video-file conversion. The main features include conversion of AVI files to MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VCD, DVD, or SVCD; PAL-to-NTSC conversion and vice versa; support for AVI, MPEG-1 (Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3), MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 formats; input and output previewing; high audio quality; and support for silent AVI files.

Download (2.1MB)

Source : Download.com
Post #: 1
RE: AVI to VCD SVCD DVD Converter 1.5.6! - 8/31/2004 10:54:26 AM   
sp

Let's hope SF will do a brief review of the quality of the encoders of this program with respect to the major competing offerings...:)))

WM # CI

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: AVI to VCD SVCD DVD Converter 1.5.6! - 8/31/2004 11:35:30 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hope dies last they say...

But okkkkkkkk...let it be...I will try to convert some videos and publish the results...(altough I dont use those kind of programs otherways...I look which codecs and formats do they use even before downloading them ...so no need for later converting......but just for You sp....I will try it out!...expect results later today or tommorow...)

Have a nice day!

(in reply to sp)
Post #: 3
RE: AVI to VCD SVCD DVD Converter 1.5.6! - 8/31/2004 5:40:44 PM   
SiliconFreak

At last...

Here it is...update for mr. sp...

Let me say right at the beggining that i am not a PRO in this converting "business"...so I will just express my point of view with this program...

So...here is the screenshot of the program...so I would be able to explain everything more undestandable...

As You may see...the program converts AVI files to VCD,SVCD and DVD...there in the middle is shown output format width and height...and on the right...You may choose NTSC or PAL output format...

Then You simply write the name of desired avi file below....or browse (...), and write output filename in mpg format...(by default its the input filename but .mpg instead of .avi at the end)...

You may also press PLAY...to preview this video before converting....and also to set volume level above...and then...off You go...START TO CONVERT(er)...

Converting is very fast...I loaded AVI movie 1:32 Hours long...and convertet it into DVD with PAL format (so the maximum quality that this program could convert to! - 720x576 resolution). It took me 1:52 Hours to convert...so just a little longer than at viewing the movie...which is quite good...knowing that converted DVD format had 8000+ Mbps stream...and that some other converters i used before took some 4-6 hours to convert...

Dont know what else to say....ohhh yes....in case You decide to use this program to convert some of Your videos...try registering it first...otherways You would have that watermark all across Your new movie ...

Its also hard to judge about the quality of converted movie...its obvious that it cant be better than source video...because its AVI...and output is VCD,SVCD or DVD...and You cant make gold out of XXXX...cant You? Its a shame that they didnt include opposite converting also...from DVD into AVI....or in VCD....or others...from each one into each one...that would be perfect ...

So for conclusion...I guess this program could be very handy to all those people who have movies or videos stored in AVI format...but want to watch them in their DVD drives....so they could fast and easily convert them and watch...altough it wont be the "true" DVD quality...not that good as if the movie would be originally recorded in DVD quality...but anyway...they would be at least as good as the AVI from which You would convert it from...[8D]

All in one...NICE, FAST & EASY TO USE PROGRAM...

Is it Ok sp? Or shall I provide more details? Just say while I am in the mood...[:D]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 8/31/2004 5:41:31 PM >

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> AVI to VCD SVCD DVD Converter 1.5.6! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI