CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ACT! 7.0 Released!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 734 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> ACT! 7.0 Released! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ACT! 7.0 Released! - 8/28/2004 7:18:19 AM   
SiliconFreak

Publisher: Best Software
License: Free to try
Minimum requirements: CD ROM, 256 MB RAM, 300 MB disk space
Uninstaller included?: Yes
Limitations: Free 30-day trial.

Software Publisher's Description
ACT! 2005 gives you instant access to all your contact data—customer details, meeting notes, to-dos. For greater control, all data is linked. Powerful searching & scheduling functions, plus innovative sales lead pipeline management tool. Built-in Palm/Pocket PC integration. Free 30-day trial.

Download

Source : Download.com
Post #: 1
RE: ACT! 7.0 Released! - 8/30/2004 8:12:52 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Oh God, don't tell me that!! They make me use that crap at work!!

Seriously though, it's not bad if you have need for it, but all it does it tie up my time, and give my execs a way of spying on me. I generally try to ignore it as much as possible, but my work output went down about 40% when we were forced to begin using it. Luckily a massive Raid Array HDD failure wiped the whole system and backups out, so I'm currently free of ACT!'s tyrannical reign... but I know it won't last

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: ACT! 7.0 Released! - 8/31/2004 8:11:58 AM   
SiliconFreak

come on...cant be THAT bad! afterall...if You work what You are supposed to do at work...then You have nothing to worry about (even if they are spying at You as You said) But if You dont...then surely this is not the program for You...as maybe You arent the right person for the company... **thats my personal opinion - dont take it too personal**

And how sadly...that the RAID went down I hope they fix it soon...and reinstall that nice ACT! program ASAP!

Have a nice day and good luck Dolphinius (be it with or without ACT!)

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
Post #: 3
RE: ACT! 7.0 Released! - 8/31/2004 3:36:11 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I think you may be a little sadistic at heart Silicon Freak (j/k).

The raid array going down had MANY undesirable effects... including losing roughly 10 years of customer's design templates for various graphics This is something which will bother us for quite some time.

And there is not a single sales rep at the company I work for, that like Act! ...even some of the middle management avoid it at all costs! It really takes far too much time to use effectively, and the internal pop3 e-mail support is so laughable, it's not even funny. You can't even create more then 1 level of sub folders, and in a company like the one I work for, this level of quick organizational management is completely neccessary.

Post #: 4
RE: ACT! 7.0 Released! - 8/31/2004 4:49:55 PM   
SiliconFreak

No no....not sadistic...just love to joke around all the time...that all...dont take it too serious or personal!

And I didnt mean to joke about Your lost templates (I didnt even know that You lost them before), I was joking about reinstallation of ACT! because I saw how much You must have hated it!

I wont joke anymore this time...all I would say...is...why the hell does Your company still use it if it is so bad? Tell them to throw it in a trash can and get some better program! Is that so hard? Or are You afraid of losing job if You say that? Everything may be aranged nice and peacefully...so just go for it...and if other employers dont like it also...then tell them to join You when You will go to talk with the Boss about that (to back You up...and watch Your back)...

Have a nice day...and enjoy everybody

Post #: 5
RE: ACT! 7.0 Released! - 8/31/2004 7:26:48 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

No worries, I wasn't offended, just poking back at you

I'm hoping that something will be done about Act! I'm sure that for some people it would be EXTREMELY useful... just not for what we do. What I think happened was, someone in middle or high management liked the software, and spent a *LOT* of money on it buying licenses for many employees, and now has to justify the expense. That's just a guess, but it seems to fit in with the way things work at the company I work for.

And yes, I try not to rock the boat too much where I work, since a steady paycheque is much more useful to me then a big mouth

Post #: 6
RE: ACT! 7.0 Released! - 8/31/2004 7:36:54 PM   
SiliconFreak

Guess someone has too much money (to throw it away on such useless licences)...and totally no brain in his/her head...it happens sometimes You know

So then dont shake it too much....Your little paper-boat...or it may sink...and we dont want that to happen...altough Dolphins would make it out without problems I guess...

Have a nice day and enjoy!

Cya arround

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> ACT! 7.0 Released! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI