CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ATI's "Fudo" to have Shader 3.0! (ATI R520 Specs Emerged)!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 764 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI's "Fudo" to have Shader 3.0! (ATI R520 Specs Emerged)! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ATI's "Fudo" to have Shader 3.0! (ATI R520 Sp... - 8/27/2004 9:46:37 AM   
SiliconFreak

A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE friend told us about the so-called "Fudo" chip, the one that is scheduled to arrive in 2005. S/H/e also confirmed some of the things that we already knew, validated it and at the same time gave us many leads where to hunt further.
Fudo, as we've reported before, is the codename for the R520 we can definitely confirm that from many sources including some people from ATI management. Can we call them hot shots? Is that politically correct? I guess they won't mind - they know we like them at least as much as they like us if not more.

The "Fudo" chip will have Shader model 3.0, according to our sources. It's too early for Shader 4.0 as this nice shader model won't show up till 2006 or even later.

As we suggested before, Shader Model 4.0 will come with Longhorn and our friends suggested that Windows Graphics Foundation is responsible for it. Unfortunately we all know that Longhorn is slated to arrive in 2006 or even later, so Shader Model 4.0 will be something for years to come and too late for the R520.

Good old Graphzilla, also known as Nvidia, will make a good marketing space for ATI as it will come with its Shader 3.0 part six months after, but just in time to pick up on many games that poor Nvidia spent a lot of time and money on. Life is simply not fair.

One more thing, the R520 will be developed by the R300 team – I cannot remember whether that is the East or West Coast team. You know what? Those guys made graphic turn over for ATI in summer two years ago. We don't know quite what to expect but it's full of Eastern, or Western promise.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI's "Fudo" to have Shader 3.0! (ATI R520 Specs Emerged)! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI