CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1521 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 5/15/2005 11:45:55 AM   
SiliconFreak

...huh...strange...I know I burned it without any problems - and it worked as it should (and still does - although I dont use it so often)...

So I really dont know why You get empty disc after burning!? Maybe someone else has any idea why this is happening to our co-member?  Please help him out....

And dont extract those .CAB files! They are extracted automatically later (when You boot from this CD and run some software there). So leave them...You just need to figoure it out how to burn it properly...

Well...I am kinda busy....the only advice that I could give You this moment is....take a look at THIS PAGE....scrool down to section 2....and try to see how to make this HirenCD work for You (actually that page is about making bootable USB keydrives - but the section 2 actually talks about making bootable USB keydrive with HirensBootCD...so check it out...there must be solution to Your problem there! I am 100% there is!)

Thats it for now...need to run....cya later...and....dont forget to tell us here if You managed to make it work...

Best wishes....bye.

(in reply to lostnode)
Post #: 17
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 6/25/2005 11:40:12 AM   
lostnode

LOL man i still can't get this to work
I see there is a new copy of it out 7.0
I would pay for a working copy of this or any help

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 18
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 6/25/2005 2:16:10 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hello again lostnode...

So what exactly is your problem today?

Btw...i searched with Google, but couldnt find version 7.0....do you have some link to proove that?

Pay? What for? Its a free CD....with freeware on it...so why pay? Ohhhhhh....I mean...if You have Millions and Millions of $$$....then You can surely make few deposits on my bank account....but otherwise...I would gladly help for FREE if only I would know exactly whats bothering You sooooooooo much!? Burning this CD? Or Booting from it? Or what? Provide more details please...

EDIT : I just checked their homepage...and saw about upcoming 7.0....but its still not out...and I wonder when will it be....the point is...that even 6.0 isnt available for download at their page....so its really strange...!?

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 6/25/2005 2:20:09 PM >

Post #: 19
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 6/25/2005 6:16:27 PM   
lostnode

LOL na i don't have mucho $$ but donatios is never to bad
Well my problem is this i still can't get this thing to boot from a cd after all i have tried nada

Post #: 20
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 6/25/2005 6:56:44 PM   
SiliconFreak

Look...here is what we'll do...in case you dont have exactly the same files like those 2 on THIS page...then I suggest You to download them ASAP and let me know once finished. The first file is some Keyboard Patch and the other is Hiren's boot CD 6 (both in .RAR format).... Then You'll follow steps below...

Step 1
Extract all files from Keyboard Patch file .rar (keyb.dat, keyb.sys, patch.bat) to Desktop
Step 2
Unrar "Hiren's.BootCD.6.0.iso.rar" (if possible, directly to Desktop, to skip Step 3)
Step 3
Copy "Hiren's.BootCD.6.0.iso" to Desktop
Step 4
Dubble click on "patch.bat"
Step 5
Burn The new file called "Patched BootCD 6 XX.iso"

so that should be it....have You followed those steps when You burned your cd? well it cant hurt to try again....possibly to some CDRW media if you have some around...so that you could re-burn it again in case something goes wrong or doesnt work...ok?

I am downloading the CD 6.0 file right now (its going sooooo slowwwwww....only some 4KBps on DSL...damn....i could use dialup for this...hahahahaa)...and then I will try to follow those steps above and see if there is really some problem with software...or if there was your mistake while burning or maybe something else....!?

Will let you know soon....

Bye4now.

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 6/25/2005 6:58:33 PM >

(in reply to lostnode)
Post #: 21
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 6/25/2005 10:00:10 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hi again....hopefully this is my last update here....

I downloaded and burned this CD without any problems....so listen very carefully now, cause I'll say this only once........You have 2 options and both should work.....

1. stick with steps mentioned above....patch the iso...and burn it with BURN IMAGE option (dont just burn files which are in ISO - but let Nero or some other similar burning software do that....like i said Burn image is important here!)

or..

2. if you dont need that keyboard patch...just dont patch it...just Unrar the Hiren's BootCD.6.0 file first....then you should get file with same name only with .ISO extension at the end...and finally.....burn it as described above! (dont extract those .CAB and other archived files inside ISO!-same goes for first "patched" option above! just leave ISOs .CABs alone )....Burn image....and You'll have it....plain and simple...

Also...dont forget to set BOOT FROM CD/DVD in Your BIOS(and also set it as first boot device - because if i.e...You leave HDD as first boot device...and put CD as second...it will boot from HDD)! Otherwise boot will skip checking for CD....and it will just boot from HDD or whichever device You boot from otherwise...

Hopefully that answers your questions....good luck....and in case of emergency...just let me know...

SiliconFreak logged out&gone out to relax and to chase some nice sexy babes....please dont disturb....

Post #: 22
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 6/28/2005 11:23:49 PM   
lostnode

Hey think i got it
It did boot! put me at a A: dos promt
Now how do i get to the files lol
I had TS on an old disk before an loved it is there a menu or a way to start each program
BTW thanks for all the help

Post #: 23
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 6/29/2005 10:48:04 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hi,

I am very glad that you finally made it work....the "problem" now is...that i have some issues with my CD drive, so cant check that out....but....as far as i could remember....the whole thing was menu driven....so yes...there were menues where you could pick and start your desired program....and there was also manual way....to done that from command prompt....

Try to make it work....and let me know how it goes...and when i make drive workable again....i will try to check that out also.

cya soon....

(in reply to lostnode)
Post #: 24
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 7/7/2005 5:33:51 PM   
markuswellbe

Hiren's BootCD 6.0
hello,
i looked @ the site but could not find a answer mate i just cant figer this out
i dont have any problems booting it from the cd nor any problems making the cd.
when i have the problems its when im in dos??
i get this message that can not find hard drive??
i did every thing right but none of the apps on your bootable cd works??
it just gives me this error message that cant not find hard drive??
i did every thing right to make the bootable cd but nothing is working??
can you tell me what is wrong?
thankyou

Post #: 25
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 7/8/2005 11:06:34 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hi markuswellbe and Welcome!

Sorry but at this moment I cant help You out, because I dont know where my Hirens Boot CD6 is (maybe i lost it or overwrite it)....but I contacted some other members to help you out with their advices and knowledge...so expect their replies asap. As far i know...everything was working....there was only minor problem with menus to access those programs...but it worked anyway...there were no problems with HDD drive not recognized....btw...have you tried other letters? because if my memory serves me right...then it loaded ramdrive as C unit....so HDD should be D or some next letter in case you have other devices connected!?

Anyway...will try to get this CD again asap and try to see where your problem could be,ok?

Meanwhile....wait for others to response....and for others...please help our new member out in case you have this CD,Thanks!

SiliconFreak.

(in reply to markuswellbe)
Post #: 26
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 7/11/2005 11:55:35 AM   
MP3Mogul

Once it boots to A:\> simply type d: (or whatever your CD/DVD Drive is) and it will go to your CD/DVD Rom drive and you'll be able to access the files.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 27
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 7/18/2005 6:09:26 PM   
lostnode

hirens 7.0 is on emule download it there
lots of copies

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 28
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 7/23/2005 11:18:30 PM   
Morpheousman

Here's Hirens Boot Cd 7...

Uploaded in 2 parts. You will need both rar files to recreate the file.

Download both part 1 and part 2, extract all rars files from both parts into one single folder, then extract the file from rar 1.

//http://rapidshare.de/files/3298504/Hirens_BootCD7Part1.rar.html       Part 1

//http://rapidshare.de/files/3298847/Hiren_sBootCD7Part2.rar.html       Part 2

Morpheousman

< Message edited by Morpheousman -- 7/24/2005 2:12:25 PM >

(in reply to lostnode)
Post #: 29
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 7/24/2005 12:19:50 AM   
major9686

Looks great ! :)

(in reply to lostnode)
Post #: 30
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 7/25/2005 5:31:22 AM   
emperor

good news

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 31
RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 - 8/7/2005 9:45:12 PM   
flip3962

I'm new here, go easy on me.  I am using BootCD w/W2k to try and recover failed drive.  I use the Ontrack Easy Recovery tool and it finds my folders and files.  Problem is, I have no destination to copy the files to. How do I load driver for an additional hdd or cd recorder?

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> RE: Hiren's BootCD 6.0 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI