CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Win98 doesn't see either CD drive!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 678 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Win98 doesn't see either CD drive!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Win98 doesn't see either CD drive!! - 11/25/2002 9:06:03 PM   
docknibbs

All of a sudden my brothers computer stopped 'seeing' his generic 56x CD-ROM drive. (The Bios lists it correctly but the explorer doesn't see it) I thought the drive was shot so I installed a brand new CD-RW and the computer won't detect it (although again the BIOS sees it appropriately). Can't think of any new software or hardware that was added recently. He did play a video from a burned disk through Windows Media player as the last thing running successfully through the drive. The problem is without a CD-Rom drive we can't reload Win98. What to do next? All ideas appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Win98 doesn't see either CD drive!! - 11/25/2002 9:59:48 PM   
netman

create a win98 bootdisk with cdrom support and boot with it to see if can see your cdroms. if you can't do this without the 98 cd download an image from bootdisk.com.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

(in reply to docknibbs)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Win98 doesn't see either CD drive!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI