I get this error whet I run the firmware:
Drive Firmware Update Utility Rev. 3.2
(C) 2001 Hitachi-LG Data Storage, Inc.
Download file information:
File Name :42L1122b.dld
Vendor ID :HL-DT-ST
Product ID :RW/DVD GCC-4240N
Firmware Revision :E112
No CD/DVD dirve model HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N. (2)
That's trange because I do have such a cd/dvd drive.
I ran this utillity from my hard drive aftre I copied from floppy. The reason is I don't have a floppy and a CD rom at the same time, they use the same module location on my DELL Lattitude c640 laptop.
But I don't think this is the problem. The system information recognize my cd rom as ID IDE\CDROM HL-DT-ST_RW/DVD_GCC-4240N_______________D110____\5&2040CED5&0&0.0.0
Originally posted by Brotherjoe
To alx2003... hey sorry.. i din check my mail lately...
The firmware e122 you requested.. you can get it from this url
Floppy Disk Boot to Disk for BR57492.exe
1. Click Download Now, to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click Yes, I Accept this Agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
4. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
5. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
Hard Drive Floppy Disk Creation
1. Get 1 blank, formatted floppy disks.
2. Double-click the new icon (it looks like a floppy diskette) on
the desktop. The Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Click Setup. An black MS-DOS window appears with a message
indicating that you need 1 floppy diskettes.
4. Press the [ENTER] key.
A message appears prompting you to insert a blank floppy diskette. Insert
a floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
5. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears indicating that all
data on the disk will be erased.
6. Press the [y] key and then press the [ENTER] key.
The files are copied to the floppy diskette. If the procedure requires
more than one diskette, repeat steps 4 – 6 until you reach the end of the
7. After all the files have been copied to the last floppy disk,
press the [ENTER] key and the MS-DOS window closes.
1. Insert the first (or the only) disk of the set into the Floppy
2. Click Start, click Shutdown, click Restart, and then click OK.
Windows XP Users need only click restart.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.